The Key Responsibilities of the Sous Chef are as follows:
A member of the Food and Beverage Kitchen Department, he/she shall be responsible To oversee Pastry kitchen team in the Food Production of consistent quality of Pastry in all outlets, as per international standards, in order to achieve the maximum level of guest satisfaction and organizational profitability in an atmosphere of teamwork and high employee morale.
• Works with Executive Chef in developing menus based on outlet concepts
• Leads the Pastry brigade in a hands on fashion
• Ensures the quality of food preparation and presentation, as per the standards.
• Ensures availability of stock and raw ingredients by proper planning and co-ordination with Purchasing and Stores.
• Co-ordinates with the Engineering department to carry out preventive maintenance program in kitchens.
• Works to standard recipes and methods of preparations
• Responsible for hygiene and cleanliness of the kitchen areas, equipment & staff to a HASSP standard
• Ensures compliance with company and hotel policies outlet employees.
• Constantly monitors key performance indicators for the department and takes appropriate action.
• Supports Executive chef and team.
• Works closely with the F&B service teams
Should be travelling on SINGLE STATUS
Diploma in Culinary Arts and Management with further education/specialisation/experience in Resort/Hotel Operations. The qualification will be from a reputable institution or equivalent.
At least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar Premium International Hotel or Resort Operations.
Language: Fluency in English is essential.
• Professionally driven with a balance of Humility (no big ego’s please)
• Highly energetic
o Leads by example – hands on
• Ability to energise the team
o Highlight organised and efficient
o Good communicator
o Gives clear direction
o Ability to complete training
o Ability to work to Policy and Procedures (consistent)
• Maintains high standards
• Solid cost control skills
• Diplomatic and good integrity
• Capable of adapting to different cultures and ways of life.
Worked in Asia and on Islands is highly desirable
The successful candidate will have a high degree of focus on quality culinary and kitchen management experience. Being operationally aware is essential, a team player with proven leadership capabilities, a Self-starter with plenty of drive and enthusiasm? Solution Driven individual that is sensitive to the needs of the business and its people. Creative person, always ready to challenge the status quo. Excellent organisation and coordination skills. Excellent communication and presentation skills. Capable of adapting to different cultures and ways of life. Sound financial awareness.
As earliest as possible. Minimum of 2 years contractual commitment.
Monthly Base Salary. USD 2100 + service charge of approx 450 per month?
Twin share accommodation
Medical Insurance as per company policy.
Once a year return Air Ticket to the place of hire.