GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Delivers orders and other requests to guests’ tables efficiently.
- Assists in setting up tables by placing appropriate tableware, utensils, decorations, and other necessities.
- Relays information between guests, waiters/waitresses, management, and kitchen staffs.
- Handles guests’ concerns professionally.
- Running food and drinks to the table.
- Assisting the waiters and waitresses.
- Preparing the dining room for our guests by cleaning and setting up our tables.
- Ensuring that empty tables are ready to receive new guests within 2 minutes.
- Protecting our establishment and guests by adhering to sanitation and safety policies.
- Maintaining table setting by removing courses as completed, replenishing utensils, refilling water glasses, and being alert to our guests’ spills or other special needs.
- Supporting our servers by setting-up and replenishing condiment stands, trash containers liners, and bus stations.
- Completing side-works at the end of each shift. This includes, but not limited to, closing our dining facility by cleaning chairs and tables, sweeping and/or vacuuming the floors, and removing trash and recyclables from the facility.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in staff training opportunities.
- Refilling water glasses and delivering complimentary snacks, such as breads to newly arrived guests.
- Training new and existing staff and managers.
- Assisting servers by refilling drinks for guests and delivering trays of food to their tables.
- Emptying trash containers, refilling ice bins and performing general cleaning chores.
- Attending basic food safety and work safety training programs.