Reporting to Operations Manager
In line with the mission that Brass Monkey has and how we envision it within this and future markets, you are here to make a difference. As a Hostess you are not only responsible for welcoming and enhancing the guests’ experience, you are here to create an environment where our guests can ‘grow young again!’
Your values should represent Brass Monkey’s, always forward-thinking and creating what makes us feel young and vibrant.
- Greet and welcome guests in a professional, yet friendly manner. The same applies for farewell to all guests.
- Maintain a professional approach with guests during all communications, especially email and telephone enquiries.
- Respond and handle customer complaints ensuring guests perceive the outcome as satisfactory.
- Build and maintain a good relationship with our guests, to improve their experience and contribute to repeat business.
- Follow up with guests to ensure satisfaction with service.
- Responsible for directing and leading guest and customers to their preferred / reserved seats.
- Accurately provide wait times and monitoring the waiting-list.
- Ensure you perform allocated responsibilities diligently and efficiently.
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily functions, special requests and service specifications for reservations.
- Organise daily reservations, ensuring guests are allocated appropriately, according to their preferences and requests.
- Ensure all relevant information about our guests is recorded on guest profiles, including preferences and waiting staff informed of them prior to each visit.
- Assist guests with any queries or requests.
- Assist with opening and closing duties.
- Proper grooming and hygiene standards is required.
- Contribute to the creation of interactive and engaging offerings that will immerse guests into the Brass Monkey experience.
- Attend regular trainings to maintain and enhance skills.
- Handle challenges that may arise with composure and a problem-solving attitude.
- Comply with health, safety and municipality regulations.
- Keep a positive and fruitful relationship with the other departments and share feedback as often as possible to improve service.
- Surprise, impress, and entertain! Every guest is a new opportunity to create an unforgettable experience. Every single step of the Customer Journey is to be taken as a chance to stand out.
- Test, experiment and improve! Brass Monkey is not a once-off stunt. We have to continue to level up our offerings. Keep efficient and close communication with the other heads of departments to ensure that they receive guest’s feedback and share their recommendations with you.
- Observe! Keep a close eye on what the competition is doing to stay inspired.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Higher Secondary Education or Associate’s Degree in Hospitality/ Business Management or a related field
- 2-3 years of experience as Hostess working in Restaurant and Bar/ Guest service operations
- Very good product knowledge and beverage service in a fast-paced environment are essential.
- Excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Telephonic etiquette is a must.
- Ability to work independently, as well as lead, manage, and motivate a team
- Knowledgeable using software programs such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Customer Service
- Product Knowledge
- Guest Relations
- Problem- Solving and Decision Making
- Organizational Skills
Attractive salary and benefits offered for the right candidate. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please apply online with your CV urgently.