Chef de Partie performs as a senior cook level, using menus, standardized recipes, prepare special diets and production tallies to independently schedule and prepare foods for meals in accordance with quality and timeliness standards for the service. Ensure a high level of consistency and standards, while supervising junior team member and works well within the team, to ensure that all food is sent out in a timely manner. Follow food production worksheet and prepare food as requested and liaise with cooks on the daily activities. Ensuring quality standards are maintained, implements HSEQ best practices in the kitchen.
- Health and Safety
- Planning and Organising
- Coordinates the food preparation assignments of lower graded cooks and food service workers who assist with preparation, ensuring that lower graded team members perform cooking assignments correctly.
- Responsibilities include planning and coordinating the preparation of either the entire line of meats and entrees, vegetables or soups/gravies, and bakery products for one or more meals per day.
- Prepares and cooks a full range of foods hot/cold for bulk and for single orders including, but not limited to, room service.
- Prepares and cooks a full line of breakfast, lunch dinner and snacks items; and a limited number of bakery type foods.
- Prepares foods that adhere to standardized recipes involving different levels of difficulty to meet established standards.
- Makes judgments about products being prepared at different steps during the preparation process to ensure that quality meets standards.
- Assists Executive Chef with recipe development, standardization, and yield testing.
- Performs quality control checks on food as required.
- Supports cook assistants in performing food preparation tasks, and coordinates the work of lower graded cooks, to ensure that a variety of foods are prepared simultaneously so that meals are completed and served at times needed.
- Takes daily inventory of items stored in production facility and communicates needs to the Team leader.
- Maintains a clean, orderly, and sanitary work area.
- Works at any assembly station on the tray line as required.
- Reads the tray assembly tickets and places correct foods on trays as they proceed along the tray line, as well as loading trays on delivery carts.
- Uses the department computer to enter requisitions as required.
- Food Production
- Stock Control and Monitoring