Hotels & Resorts
Finance and Accounts
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Job Role :
Director of Finance
Momentum Hospitality recruitment Ltd
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
GBP 50,000 to 100,000
Salary Description: Up to £80,000 plus package
Job Description For Director of Finance
The Director of Finance is responsible for implementing, directing and evaluating a sound infrastructure to ensure that the financial operations and activities of the shared service Centre are conducted in compliance with applicable policies, standards and procedures. In addition, the incumbent must ensure that adequate controls are in place to safeguard the assets of the organization. The work includes the timely and successful implementation of automated accounting systems and the re-engineering of existing ways of doing business to facilitate improvement in productivity and shared service center deliverables.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years of related progressive experience in hotel Accounting or related field; or a 4-year college degree with an Accounting/Finance concentration and a minimum of 5 years of related progressive experience; or a 2-year college degree and a minimum of 8 years of related progressive experience.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Excel, Word for Windows and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in one or more back-office and front office systems is recommended.
- Must be able to clearly convey information and ideas including complex or technical issues, orally and in writing.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with, understand and interpret financial information, hotel operations data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able to prioritize in order to meet due dates and deadlines.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Supporting the team in all aspects of the accounting function, ensuring effective and efficient processes are maintained to allow for successful delivery of the SLA for all stakeholders.
- Responsible for the monthly accounting processes for the hotels feeding into the Shared Service Department, including running the month end process.
- Monthly P&L / Balance Sheet reviews and reconciliations in line with company reporting deadlines and accounting guidance, highlighting any areas of concerns to hotel /Regional teams for necessary action.
- Responsible for embedding robust processes and controls across all aspects of the team’s workflows, ensuring clean, fully reconciled accounts.
- Raising any potential business /finance risks to appropriate parties in a timely manner to ensure swift resolution/escalation.
- Continual monitoring of the Shared Service departments outputs, driving continuous improvement to maintain and enhance departmental efficiency, particularly through periods of growth.
- Acting as primary escalation contact for hotel teams.
- Responsible for departmental recruitment, training, and development for new team members.
- Responsible for progression planning for all team members, including annual appraisal cycle and ongoing performance management.
- Leading team in implementing Interstate accounting policies to all hotels, ensuring all company accounting procedures are always adhered to.
- Finance Lead for the annual audit process for hotels feeding into the Shared Service Function.
- Supporting Regional Team on annual budgeting cycle.
- Ongoing Project Work – such as support on new system roll outs.
- Act as a financial consultant; provide information on the financial impact of business decisions for all segments of management responsible for policy or action concerning any phase of the business that relates to attainment of objectives, effectiveness of policies and organization structure and procedures.
- Ensure hotels compliance with hotel and accounting policies and procedures, legal requirements and contractual obligations (including obligations under a management agreement) utilizing internal controls, auditing and security procedures to ensure deviations are brought to the attention of the General Manager and appropriate regional management and to protect the hotel's assets.
- Manage the Human Resources for the shared service function in order to attract, retain and motivate the employees; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems and provide open communication vehicles and discipline and terminate as appropriate.
- Has a fiduciary responsibility to IHR and management.
- Work with transitional teams for on-boarding and off-boarding of properties ensuring smooth, thorough and accurate hotel transitions.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper attire when working, especially in the field.
- Comply at all times with IHR standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Ensure that corporate-mandated policies, procedures, directives, and decisions are communicated fully and objectively to assigned hotels.
- Ensure coordination with Regional Directors of Finance of all communication with ownership regarding financial issues such as actual results, budgets, forecasts, cash-flow and capital recommendations.
- Direct and ensure the adherence to the timely completion of the month end process:
- Monitor hotels’ compliance in meeting required report deadlines and due dates and react accordingly.
This is part of a large, respected and growing company with exciting plans for the future and a great culture to be part of