The Harvard University Employees Credit Union (HUECU) is one of the fastest growing Credit Unions in the country and a leader in our industry. As a not-for-profit cooperative, we put our members’ best interests first in all that we do. We are passionate about service and fanatical about solving problems. Integrity and transparency are the foundation of HUECU’s philosophy. Our mission is to enhance our members’ lives by developing and offering trustworthy products that are easy to understand, easy to use and best suited to meet their financial needs.
HUECU has a dynamic small-business atmosphere where every member of the team has a significant impact on our success. Our headquarters and flagship branch are located in the heart of Harvard Square, surrounded by shops, restaurants, and the vibrant University community. We are looking for talented, member-centric individuals to join our growing team. If you have energy, enthusiasm, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, please read on.
Harvard University Employees Credit Union: https://www.huecu.org/
Harvard University Employees Credit Union (HUECU) is seeking a dynamic, energetic employee with outstanding communications skills and a passion for customer service! Our ideal candidate will focus on providing an exceptional customer experience in all member touch-points, in-person, phone interactions and digital communications. Will be responsible for providing timely, accurate service to all customers.
Responsible for a comprehensive array of Member Services Representative (MSR) duties:
- Processes transactions: deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, etc.
- Balances daily teller drawer and cash recyclers. Oversees all aspects of daily branch settlement.
- Order/Sell cash and balance the vault.
- Handles basic member issues, complaints and counsels members with specific requests or refers to Senior Member Service Department or Manager as appropriate.
- Sells money orders and processes cash advances.
- Payroll Maintenance/Schedules Payments and Transfers/ACH Originations.
- Opens savings and checking accounts/certificates/IRA accounts, including the processing of IRA transfers and rollovers.
- Processes stop payments on teller checks, personal checks and ACH.
- Processes all consumer loan applications/ability to disburse loans/setup loan payments/order coupon payment books
- Assists members with domestic and international wire transfers.
- Completes deposit verifications, address changes and other written inquiries.
- Assists with the daily balancing of the ATM terminals.
- Foreign currency sales and check collection.
- Ability to service the Coin Machine (located at the Harvard Square Branch).
- Provides branch telephone coverage for incoming calls promptly and professionally.
- Maintains a neat and clean workstation and assists in maintaining the overall Branch appearance.
- Primary resource for tellers in resolving problems, maintaining quality level of member service, and increasing sales of HUECU products and services through referrals.
Responsible for maintaining comprehensive job knowledge:
- To develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of HUECU accounts and services to assist in the cross selling of appropriate products and services to meet members’ needs
- Successful completion of in-house training sessions and other recommended training programs
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive working knowledge of all Credit Union systems utilized by the Retail Group
- Completes required annual training for Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), responsible for accurately completing Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs), adhering to the Customer Identification Program (CIP) Policy, reporting suspicious activity to the BSA Officer, performing Office of Foreign Assists Control (OFAC) inquires, and Branch Robbery Procedures
The above is a description of ordinary duties of this position. It is expected that occasionally other duties, both related and unrelated to the above will be assigned and therefore, required.
The following qualifications are the minimum threshold for which a candidate must meet in order to be considered for this role.
- High School diploma with a minimum of one year relevant training and cash handling experience.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
The following qualifications are strongly preferred. If you meet some, but not all, we still encourage you to apply. HUECU values employees with a willingness to learn.
- Proven customer service skills and the ability to problem solve.
- Outgoing personality with excellent interpersonal, communication and computer skills.
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred (MGH Branch Specific).
- Position requires working early or late Thursdays (depending upon assigned branch) and early Saturday hours on a rotational basis, or when business needs warrant, sometimes on short notice. Attendance at late meetings/events also may be required.
- Must be willing to travel to all branch locations in Boston, Cambridge and Somerville.
- Comfort working in the diverse and multicultural environment of Harvard University and affiliate organizations.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
In light of the global pandemic, initial interview and onboarding activity for HUECU will be conducted via telephone & Zoom video conferencing.
If you accept our offer and join the team, your position will be based in our Harvard Square Branch in Cambridge, MA and at other branch locations as required for coverage. Please note this position is designated as Essential Personnel which will require you to provide on-site support as determined by management, and COVID-19 testing will be required.
Harvard continues to place the highest priority on the health, safety and wellbeing of its faculty, staff and students, as well as the wider community. Information and details can be found via Harvard’s Coronavirus Workplace Policies website: https://hr.harvard.edu/corona-virus-workplace-policies
Please provide a cover letter with your application and upload as one document.
- Harvard University Employees Credit Union requires a pre-employment reference and background screening, which includes OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control).
- We are unable to provide work authorization and/or visa sponsorship.
- This position has a 90-day orientation and review period.
Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
Harvard's commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging is rooted in our belief in drawing on the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity. Our community strives to uphold these beliefs by honoring the rights, differences, and dignity of others and embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values. Harvard aims to foster a campus culture where everyone can thrive, a key to which is ensuring that we each experience a sense of inclusion and belonging.
Harvard’s Total Rewards Program is designed to attract, retain, and reward the performance of talented employees Comprehensive benefits, generous paid time-off, access to education and professional development, and a vibrant campus with abundant cultural and recreational opportunities create a competitive and compelling total rewards package. As a Harvard staff member, you enjoy many perks that come with working for one of the top employers in Massachusetts.
Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks accrued paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 accrued paid sick days, 12.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year (prorated based upon date of hire within the calendar year)
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program (TAP): $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: A variety of programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation, and complimentary health services.
Access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Learn more: https://hr.harvard.edu/totalrewards
Harvard University Employees Credit Union plays an important role in supporting Harvard's commitment by seeking to create, procure and deploy technologies that are accessible to all, including and especially those who live with disability. Harvard welcomes individuals with disabilities to apply for positions and participate in its programs and activities. If you would like to request accommodations or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact our University Disability Resources Department.
- M-F 7.00hrs per day/35.00hrs per week (with an unpaid lunch break)
- Additional hours, either early/late week days and early Saturday hours will be expected on a rotational basis, depending upon branch location or business needs. Attendance at after hours meetings/events also will be expected.
- Shifts will be discussed during the interview process.
- This position is part of the bargaining unit and is OT eligible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.