As a senior member of the Management Team and professional manager, you will lead the kitchen function to achieve the highest standards of food production.
Responsibility is for the creation and maintenance of a strong and customer-focused, performance-driven quality culture with focus upon culinary excellence and cleanliness in the workplace. You will work within an agreed budget and will have responsibility for the efficient running of the department striving to improve quality standards, profitability, staff development and retention. The ability to demonstrate effective and co-operative team working with colleagues at all levels is also a prime requirement of the role.
- To provide a high standard of food production in the interests of our guests
- To ensure the kitchen is managed efficiently and professionally
- To make food purchases within the agreed budget and to maximize gross profit, which will include the effective management of staff levels and payroll costs
- To order, store and manage all food items and ensure compliance with current legislation.
- To develop staff in achieving consistently high standards of food production and cleanliness in the workplace and to encourage a continual improvement process.
- To be responsible for the day to day running of the kitchen as directed as per standards.
- To be responsible for the purchasing of all kitchen items and food control in line with agreed budgets.
- To achieve food cost targets and objectives as set down by the Management.
- Produce in conjunction with other chefs, menu plans, descriptions, costing, and breakdown of all dishes available.
- Provide support and training to all sections of the kitchen, with menu knowledge, job role expectations and future development of each chef.
- Ensure all responsible cleaning and welfare of the kitchen and surrounding areas is carried out effectively and to a high-quality standard.
- Ensure consistency of food quality and presentation and attend briefing for special functions, if necessary, as required to do so.
- To prepare duty Rota for your staff to ensure adequate cover at all times taking into account the seasonality of the business.
- To instruct all staff in the understanding of the job list and the different sections it covers.
- Ensure that the staff follow the rules set by the Restaurant and/or by law regarding hygiene, stock rotation, date tagging, storage, temperature control of refrigerators, pest control, reporting of faulty equipment, reporting of notifiable diseases, reporting of absenteeism be it due to sickness or otherwise.
- Work to agreed recipes and ensure that all chefs comply.
- Conduct regular demonstrations of existing or new dishes and make sure a record is kept of such demonstrations to ensure good product knowledge of customer facing staff.
- Help to prevent waste of food of any kind and over-production to mis-en-place. Keep food order from store or supplies to a minimum. Help to minimize the consumption of gas, electricity, and water.
- Ensure Health and Safety policy affecting the department and all fire regulation and procedures are in place and all kitchen staff have received the correct training.
- Work with others to maintain the system of Health and Safety control.
- To carry out any reasonable duty to assist in the smooth running of the kitchen.
- To ensure daily work areas are allocated to staff in the most hygienic, efficient and cost effective way to achieve quality results.
- To ensure the use, issue and care of all cleaning materials and equipment is controlled to maximum benefit, whilst considering health and safety regulations.
- Regularly carry out a stock take of food items to ensure an adequate supply at all times and to inspect the quality of this to ensure statutory compliance.
- To monitor the stock of all cleaning and kitchen supplies to ensure sufficient levels are available as required.
- To select and interview all applicants for roles within the Kitchen team. To work in liaison with the Personnel function concerning recruitment processes and ensure that all necessary HR paperwork is completed.
- To co-ordinate and manage all office procedures as required, including updating of records, preparation of rotas, ordering of goods or supplies.
- To demonstrate the effective handling of guest queries or complaints and deal with them accordingly in conjunction with the General Manager or Food and Beverage Manager, which will include logging as part of the process for continual improvement.
- To support staff within the department in order to develop the team to achieve a high standard of performance through training, coaching and mentoring, which may involve attendance of specific training courses to further development where possible and practicable to do so.
- To forecast staffing levels and to recruit, in conjunction with the GM, appropriate employees so that a consistency of standard can be maintained.
- To observe and follow the guidelines and principles set out in any standard policy and procedures produced within the establishment.
- To conduct regular ‘Performance’ and ‘Appraisal’ reviews as required for all those working within the department.
- To consult with the GM where there are issues for concern or where clarity is needed and strictly follow disciplinary and grievance procedures when the situation is needed to avoid unnecessary Tribunal claims.
- To comply with statutory and contractual requirements regarding the workplace such as employment law, health and safety, hygiene, fire prevention and to ensure that a skills audit is regularly undertaken to determine compliance in these areas.
- To attend any meeting arranged in the interests of the business and customers and respond professionally during such occasions. If necessary participate in any special presentations.
- To undertake any other duty and responsibility considered to be consistent with the role.
The candidate should preferably have previous experience in a similar role with reputed hospitality organizations.
Good English communication skills
Positive attitude and willingness to learn and grow
Attractive salary and benefits offered for the right candidate.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please apply online with your CV urgently.