Serves Food & Beverage to the guests in the assigned station / place of work in a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible manner consistent with established performance and productivity standards in any of the Food & Beverage Outlets (Restaurants, Bars, Room Service, Pool Restaurant) in order to maximize guest satisfaction.
- Understands all food and beverage items in the menu and the ability to recommend food & beverage combinations and up-sell alternatives.
- Recognizes and welcomes every guest.
- Performs a final check of the table / tray or trolley set-up before seating / serving guests
- Assists guests with the chair when arriving and departing.
- Introduces the appropriate menu and suggest menu specials to the guests.
- Takes orders and ensure the correct posting into POS
- Prepares and serves food & beverage orders and provides a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times, following the hotels Standards of Performance.
- Follows correct sequence of service outlined in the Standard Operating Manual.
- Checks all tables / trays / trolleys to ensure maximum cleanliness and standard settings
- Inquires about special dietary or allergic requirements of the guests and will pass them on to the F&B Outlet Manager or Culinary team.
- Handles money and guest charges accurately.
- Handles guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and reports guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be founded and to assure follow up with guests.
- Establishes a rapport with guests, maintaining good customer relationship.
- Performs all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work to the standard set.
- Adapts to rotate within the different sub-departments of the Food & Beverage Division or any other Department of the hotel as assigned.
- Ensures that health, hygiene and safety regulations are complied with and applied in the department in compliance with HACCP standards and procedures.
- Performs opening and closing procedures established for the Place of Work as assigned.
- Assists in controlling the requisitioning, storage and careful use of all operating supplies and equipment
- Ensures that the Place of Work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times by keeping the glasses clean and the bar area orderly; to clean and polish glassware, chinaware, hollowware, and flatware; cleans all spillage during service time and closing; cleans soiled glass and wipes all.
- Sets up tables and bars in accordance to food & beverage standards.
- Monitors operating supplies by maintaining and controlling established food & beverage par stock and operating supplies to ensure smooth operation and to reduce spoilage and wastage.
- Responsible on the discrepancies in the potential food & beverage cost satisfactorily.
- Reports for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- Maintains a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Projects at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control
- Participates in daily briefings and monthly communication meetings to discuss various aspects of food service and preparation.