·Providing directional flow of bakery during prep and service.
·Plan and orchestrate bakery production by overseeing production and planning workloads for each individual staff member.
·Creates and trains to recipe specifications, approve and develop plating guides with the approvals of Executive chef.
· Maintains and organizes their station and equipment in a neat and orderly fashion to meet the Chef’s expectation.
· Oversees all daily productions including Banquet orders. Assists Executive Chef in planning and supervising all work done by Pastry cooks
· Ensures for pastry shop operation under the guidance of the Executive Chef.
· Ensures that all staff follows all recipes and standards set forth by the Executive Chef.
· Continues to monitor quality control and ensures that all bakery products meet or exceed bakery standards. Quickly fixes or replaces product that does not meet our standards or the guests expectations
· Meets with guests or other departments under the direction of the Executive Chef as needed to achieve a positive representation of the bakery for the guest and other departments.
· Ensures standards of appearance and sanitation are maintained on a daily basis. Also ensures proper clean-up and closing procedures are maintained. Explain all line cooks the importance of sanitation, cleaning, and safety. Ensures all employees to “clean as they go”
· Supervises and prepares foods for the assigned area of responsibility as required by production sheets.
· Informs wait staff of any food shortages well in advance of this occurrence. Finds a suitable substitute for the menu item if at all possible.
· Ensures all HACCP guidelines and steps are followed by kitchen.
· Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
· Assist with set-up and cleaning of operational areas.
· Carry out any other duties as required by management.
· Teaches all kitchen employees the skills required of their specific position. Including but not limited to the use and care of the steel, the use of knives and other culinary tools. Keeps safety and sanitation uppermost in mind.
· Teaches the art of pastry production including production of pastries, desserts, breads, pizza doughs, ice cream, and sorbets.
· Handles guest concerns or other department concerns in a professional manner.