Job Title: Domus Community Manager
Business Unit: Domus Managed Housing www.domus-housing.com
Department: Management Services
Reports to: COO – Domus Managed Housing General Manager – Domus Managed Housing
Direct Reports: Assistant Community Manager, Finance Supervisor
Financial Accountability: Liaise with 'Finance & Accounting Services, 'Finance Department' to ensure awareness of the financial transactions for the portfolio.
Conditions of Work: Office based with requirement to walk around blocks of site accommodation
Role Overview: Domus Managed Housing is seeking a Community Manager for its new hospitality hotel colleague housing facility in Dubai. The successful candidate must have strong experience in the operation of quality colleague housing accommodation facilities, both in the set-up and operation thereof, but may now be currently be working within the field of Human Resources. They will be required to set-up of all SOP’s for Domus Management Services as part of the role. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, excited about becoming part of a new journey with Domus and has a passion for looking after the welfare of colleagues. You will have managed Hotel Staff Housing, and been exposed to a broad variety of largescale housing solutions for staff, from the most junior entry level up to senior management positions.
Scope: The Domus Community Manager (DCM) will report to the COO of Domus Managed Housing during the first year of operation, but will have a functional reporting relationship with the General Manager for Domus Managed Housing. The role will be site specific in the first instance but may grow into wider role as the Domus Communities open. The DCM will be responsible for meeting the needs of tenants and ensuring that tenants comply with Domus housing policies and procedures. Quality serviced Staff Housing is recognized as a critical need in the Middle East. The work of the DCM directly impacts the quality of life for tenants in hospitality, retail and the services sector requiring staff housing. The success of Domus Staff Housing will also have a dramatic impact on the health of the communities under management by Domus as a whole, and on the community development initiatives. The DCM will lead the setting up of Policies & Procedures for DMS, and must work within the terms and conditions established in the Accommodation Management Agreement. He/she must also comply with all relevant legislation. The DCM will be responsible for approximately 2,500 hotel staff in the first instance and he/she will be responsible for setting up the team and structure to manage the activities for Domus Management Services, and its associated oversight of the third party contractors.
Communication: Internal: All direct reports, COO, General Manager
External: Third party contractors, Building Managers, Business Customers
Main Duties: Major responsibilities and target accomplishments expected of the position including the typical problems encountered in carrying out the responsibilities. 1. Set-up, manage and administer all staff housing programs, polices & procedures and management services in order to ensure they are delivered and maintained in an effective and efficient manner:
- Administer the Accommodation Management Agreement
- Implement and administer policies and procedures
- Manage designated properties and programs
- Build relationships and liaise with other organizations
- Consult and negotiate with the key stakeholders
- Represent the Domus at local and regional meetings (where applicable)
- Manage and supervise contracts and contractors
- Respond to and manage crisis and/or emergency situations
- Access other funding opportunities and prepare proposals for funding
- Prepare and implement strategic and operational plans
- Manage office procedures, ensure that filing systems are maintained
2. Manage and administer all financial responsibilities and obligations in order to ensure that the Domus Management Services is operating within established financial legislation, terms and conditions:
- Provide required financial information to Domus Staff Housing and the asset owners concerning performance of the business and asset respectively Prepare and submit budgets for approval
- Manage and administer accounts and reserve funds
- Establish and maintain internal financial controls
- Manage the accounts payables and receivables and payroll and benefits
- Analyse financial reports and conduct financial analysis
- Assist with completion of audits and follow up on Auditor’s recommendations (as applicable)
3. Manage the ongoing maintenance of staff housing units in order to ensure that all housing is safe and maintained within established codes and standards
- Assess and prioritize work in conjunction with the Domus Staff Housing team
- Supervise the maintenance management program
- Review and analyze maintenance reports and unit condition ratings
- Maintain internal controls and standards concerning maintenance and repairs
- Identify operational requirements and ensure required measures are taken
- Implement the modernization and improvement program
4. Manage human resources within Domus Management Services to ensure that all staff are capable of completing assigned tasks and that morale is maintained:
- Establish staff procedures
- Review and develop job descriptions
- Recruit and orient new staff
- Coach and counsel employees
- Conduct employee evaluations
- Assess training needs and facilitate training opportunities
- Implement corrective action when necessary
5. Manage tenant relations in order to ensure that tenants needs are reasonably met and that tenants comply with the terms and conditions of their lease Main Activities:
- Liaise with tenants regarding issues and concerns
- Consult with and provide guidance to their appointed Tenant Relations Officers (where applicable)
- Respond to tenants needs
- Enforce tenant policies such as the tenant damage policy
- Counsel tenants and applicants
6. Develop community based housing programs in order to assume marketing Unique Selling Points (USP’s) for Domus Staff Housing.
- Identify community needs and priorities
- Develop and deliver community based housing programs
- Manage and administer community based housing programs
7. Provide Technical Services support during the construction process to specific projects.
- Work closely with Domus Development Services to advise the operational requirements needed to be included within the design process
- Provide cutting-edge service solutions to manage the staff housing properties on this scale
- Provide operational technical support during construction, interfacing with the client as applicable
8. Perform other related duties as required
Role Specifications Qualifications
- Business studies or relevant field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with internal and external Stake Holders
- Certificate in Training Qualification
- Health & Safety Management Qualification Experience
- Strong experience within the hotel and property industry within the UAE
- 5 - 7 years of operating experience in UAE, at least 3 years in a supervisory or management role
- Experience in managing teams (internal & external)
- Previous experience in Account Management/ Business Development clientfacing roles is desirable
- Advance level knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including MS Project
- Strong knowledge of Policies & Procedures Desirable
- Competent on software Property Management Systems
- Intermediate understanding of financial accounting and budgeting.
- Intermediate understanding of management accounting including cost distribution and cost drivers.
- Proficiency of relevant strata management software.
- Be able to produce and disseminate written and oral reports in English and Arabic (would be advantageous) to present findings along with recommendation.
- Be able to communicate ideas and solutions to problems.
- Must possess a driver’s license and a vehicle to operate in the UAE.
- Must be proficient in spoken and written English and Arabic (desirable but not a must)
- Provide concise advice and effective timely operational solutions to complicated multi owned property title issues.
- Interpret and provide advice on the relevant strata title legislation.