Job Responsibilities of General Technician
• Creating a budget for various facility needs and expenses.
• Managing the maintenance of the facility by performing repairs or contracting maintenance services as needed.
• Tracking facility upkeep as well as anticipating long-and short-term improvements and maintenance.
• Keeping the surrounding grounds properly cared for and landscaped.
• Handling certain administrative tasks, such as preparing reports for the management.
• Ensuring the security of the facility by researching and implementing various security measures, such as surveillance cameras.
• Responding to emergency situations or other urgent issues involving the facility.
• Ensuring all health and safety policies and procedures of the facility are enforced.
• Ensuring that a safe and equitable environment exists at all times for all the employees.
• Performing related duties as required.
• Conducting regular walk through of the facility to assist visual maintenance and security. Also, walking around the facility checking all doors to ensure security, observing equipment for defects, observing employees for misuse of equipment or inappropriate conduct, and periodically checking the locker rooms for problems.
• Taking responsibility for all keys that access all doors.
• Recording and reporting of accidents, injuries, and emergency situations.
• Maintaining a clean facility.
• Being able to complete tasks efficiently without close supervision.