SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all food production units of the company. Develop menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Supervise staff. Develop and monitor food and labor budget for the department.
- Maintain highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
- Responsible for implementing and following the culinary standards and overseeing the culinary operations of the units and external delivery catering.
- Set up with management and review the concepts, costing, budgeting
- Working with management on new catering projects, kitchen layouts, and hiring process for the kitchen staff
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans menus in coordination with the Head of Operations
- Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are always maintained throughout all kitchen areas.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation, and accident prevention principles.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Attends management meetings.
- Consults with the Head of Operations about food production for special events or catering planned.
- Directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- In conjunction with Operations team, assist in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards.
- Evaluates products to assure that quality, price, and related goods are consistently met.
- Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment, and terminology.
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Ensures that representatives from the kitchen attend service line-ups and meetings.
- Always support safe work habits and a safe working environment.
- Perform other duties as directed.
EXECUTIVE CHEF SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interview, select, train, supervise, counsel, and discipline all employees in the department.
- Provide, develop, train, and maintain a professional work force.
- Ensure all services to members are conducted in a highly professional and efficient manner.
- Ensure a safe working environment and attitude on the part of all employees in areas of responsibility.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to interact positively with supervisor, management, co-workers, members, and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
- Ability to come to work regularly and on time, to follow directions, to take criticism, to get along with co-workers and supervisors, to treat co-workers, supervisors and team members with respect and courtesy, and to refrain from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behavior
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- EXPERIENCE Minimum 5 years Executive Chef experience for a reputable Catering Company of which 2 years should be within GCC
- EXPERIENCE Minimum 2 years Executive Chef experience within the Education & Industrial Catering Sector
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations in English. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, suppliers, members, and employees.
- COMPUTER SKILLS Working knowledge of various computer software programs including Microsoft Excel & Word.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, yield.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Certificate of completion from a reputable trade school.
- REFERENCES 2 References of which one must be from your most recent employer (note references will not be requested from current employer without notifying the applicant).
Please apply online with your CV urgently.