Job Description For 3rd Officer / cruise vessel EXPLORER DREAM
We are currently recruiting for experienced 3RD OFFICERS ( watch keepers ) for cruise vessel EXPLORER DREAM.
Contract 4 months +/-1
Wages in USD/per month worked on board - to be advised upon interview
MUST BE VACCINATED FOR COVID !
License / Qualification requirements;
Required - OOW Unlimited
Line Manager; Staff Captain
Responsibilities as per V.Ships S&QMS;
Deck Department Responsibility 23 - Bridge Watchkeeping
- Keeping bridge watches as the JOOW as required and identified by the Master in accordance with the Safety Management Manual, Marine Operations.
- The composition of each watch is to be adequate and appropriate to the prevailing circumstances and conditions.
- In normal operating conditions the composition of the watches will be (at minimum) 2 certified Deck Officer and 1 able seaman.
- The watch composition in conditions other than normal will be set by the Master e.g. restricted visibility, ice zone, high traffic density, manoeuvring, etc.
- The completion of rounds at the end of each watch, including those areas that are necessary for ensuring the safety, security and good order of the vessel, her crew and passengers.
Deck Department Responsibility 24 - Mooring Stations
- Attending mooring stations as instructed by the Staff Captain.
- Supervising crew assigned to mooring stations and ensuring that mooring operations are conducted in accordance with the advice in the Code of Safe Working Practice.
To assist the following with their responsibilities as per V.Ships S&QMS;
Assist Safety Officer with Deck Department Responsibility 4 - Safety Training
Responsibility for the implementation and conduct of safety training following the procedures and instructions established in Company manuals including this manual, the Fleet Operations Manuals, the Muster List/Bill and the Shipboard Emergency Organization (SEO) if available. He is to have a thorough knowledge of the Legislation involved in these matters.
This responsibility includes:
- Conducting ship induction and training for all ship's personnel with particular reference to watertight doors, firefighting and lifesaving procedures and appliances.
- Appraisal and training of all on board re occupational health and safety procedures including the Company's Safety Management System (policy, procedures, instructions, standing orders, rules, regulations, etc.), the Code of Safe Working Practice (COSWOP) and the Code of Conduct.
- Maintaining the Muster List, including co-ordination and organisation of all aspects of the SEO (when available) including its current documentation and the distribution and display of relevant information.
Assist Staff Captain with Deck Department Responsibility 20 - Cadet Training
Responsibility for co-coordinating Cadet training on board and ensuring that any training programmes or requirements are adhered to.
Assist Staff Captain with Deck Department Responsibility 25 - Tender Operations
Assisting in tendering operations as required by the Staff Captain.
- Assist with arrival and departure
- Complete associated paperwork (e.g Shipsure, VSMs, scanning Stability, FW log)
- Assist with Staff Captain's Maintenance
- Complete WTD general closure each week
- Ensure that planned maintenance assigned to their discipline is conducted and reported.
- Coach and train cadets.
- Attend passenger social events as directed by Head of Department.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as directed by Head of Department.
- Other tasks pertaining to departmental operations as directed by Master and/or Head of Department.
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of 'five C's': we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.