WELCOME TO V.SHIPS LEISURE!V.Ships Leisure provides recruitment services to the cruiseline, ferry and yacht industry worldwide.We are proud to work with all sizes of vessel from the largest cruise lines offering great facilities and unique positions to the smallest luxury vessels sailing to the most remote ports, providing exceptional opportunities to travel.Our dedicated global recruitment team are cruise ship experienced and are passionate in helping hospitality professionals gain their next career move. We offer a free, personalised service and our careful pre-selection process enables us to matching your requirements with our clients needs.Whilst we provide potential employers with tailored recruitment solutions, we pride ourselves in being able to offer successful candidates unique and exciting employment opportunities.Best Ships. Best Career Opportunities. Best Adventures.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : Front of House
Location : Worldwide, France
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 07 Feb 2022
Job Role : Cruise Staff
Recruiter : V Ships Leisure
Job Ref : HOZ85699
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-07-28
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
ABLE SEAMAN for cruise vessel MV CharmingEmbarkation September 2021
Functions and Responsibility
The Able Seaman functions and responsibility shall include, but not be limited to:
• To perform sea watch and land watch duties as instructed and to carry out maintenance work and other operational tasks as assigned.
• To familiarize himself with regulations and work procedures pertaining to tasks to be executed.
• To execute assigned tasks in conformance with work procedures and/or quality plans as instructed by the Duty Officer or the Boatswain.
• To execute assigned tasks safely, to the best of his ability, and to report hazardous conditions without delay to the Duty Officer or the Boatswain.
• Hazardous work such as entry into enclosed spaces, hot work and work aloft shall not be undertaken without prior approval by the Chief Officer.
• To carry out tendering and water sport operation according to procedures described in the SMS, etc.
• To supervise Ordinary Seamen as assigned.
• Read and understand the Material Data Safety Sheet, which describes how to use Chemicals and what to do in case of a chemical emergency, splashing in eyes, or ingestion.
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of 'five C's': we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.