Les Industries, 8 Rue de Gambian, Fontvielle, Monaco
WELCOME TO V.SHIPS LEISURE!V.Ships Leisure provides recruitment services to the cruiseline, ferry and yacht industry worldwide.We are proud to work with all sizes of vessel from the largest cruise lines offering great facilities and unique positions to the smallest luxury vessels sailing to the most remote ports, providing exceptional opportunities to travel.Our dedicated global recruitment team are cruise ship experienced and are passionate in helping hospitality professionals gain their next career move. We offer a free, personalised service and our careful pre-selection process enables us to matching your requirements with our clients needs.Whilst we provide potential employers with tailored recruitment solutions, we pride ourselves in being able to offer successful candidates unique and exciting employment opportunities.Best Ships. Best Career Opportunities. Best Adventures.
Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Housekeeping
Location : Worldwide, France
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 23 Dec 2022
Job Role : Assistant Executive Housekeeper
Recruiter : V Ships Leisure
Job Ref : HOZ1752
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2023-04-28
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
JOB TITLE: Assistant Housekeeper
REPORTS TO: Executive Housekeeper
DIRECT REPORTS: Laundry Manager, Suite Attendants, Sr Housekeeping Supervisor
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The Assistant Housekeeper assists the Executive Housekeeper in managing the day-to-day delivery of housekeeping services yacht-wide and in all guest suites and public areas, ensuring a flawless approach to cleanliness. This position oversees and actively manages the daily activities of the Suite Attendants, Public Area cleaning and the laundry operation, achieving guest and employee satisfaction scores as provided by the company. He/she ensures all activities are executed in accordance with the Standard Operating Manuals and company's Policies and Procedures.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
01. Assists the Executive Housekeeper in managing the Housekeeping and Laundry team and shares the responsibility for the front and heart of house operation. Responsible for all cleaning services, laundry operation, in suite and supports the uniform and linen program in suites, dining areas and employee cabins
02. Creates positive, memorable experiences for guests and anticipates their needs and expectations through an interactive communication. Ensures that all guest concerns, enquiries and requests are recorded, followed up and addressed immediately, guarantying total guest satisfaction
03. Takes the initiative to interact with Ladies and Gentlemen to identify their needs and ensures all expectations are met and exceeded within the parameters of the Standard Operating Procedures.
04. Cooperates with the Food & Beverage Department and supports In-Suite Dining activities where possible and necessary to ensure complete guest satisfaction. Monitors and verifies in the system and with the Suite Attendants that In-Suite Dining orders are delivered without delay as per guest requests, in particular for breakfast orders
05. Assists in managing all operating budgets and administrative tasks for the department and supports in the review of all future orders for consumables, flowers, housekeeping OS&E and laundry. Participates in the creation of fiscal year budgets where requested
06. Enforces strict Public Health practices and follows United States Public Health (USPH) standards within the housekeeping department at all times, including but not limited to cleaning and maintenance, temperature recording, store organization, self-inspections and Integrated Pest Management (IPM). Takes the lead in implementing departmental Public Health Inspections as needed to stay ahead of all Public Health compliance
07. Assists in managing the Outbreak Prevention and Response Plan (OPRP) for the Housekeeping department and supports the Executive Housekeeper in case of an outbreak. Ensures that all training for Public Health is constantly embraced throughout all elements of the operation
08. Executes physical inventories and inventory spot checks with the housekeeping and laundry team as instructed by the Executive Housekeeper and as per inventory schedule. Strives to minimize inventory levels while ensuring sufficient stock levels to operate the department smooth. Consistently works with the team to minimize waste, breakage and wear and tear
09. Inspects all front and heart of house areas frequently conducting internal Brand Standard Audits (BSA) and ensures all areas of responsibility are compliant with Standard Operating Procedures and in accordance with marine safety regulations
10. Responds to problems quickly and efficiently with a problem solving, proactive attitude. Communicates and records any challenges to the supervisor and escalates conflict resolution as necessary
11. Manages the day-to-day operation of the laundry in cooperation with the Laundry Manager and ensures impeccable and efficient laundry services for all guests and Ladies and Gentlemen. Ensures accurate charges as well as that claims are handled to the utmost guest satisfaction. Ensures that guest and employee launderettes are properly equipped and clean at all times
12. Partners with onboard Guest Services, Finance and Human Resources to address any damages to guest and employee clothing that occurred during the laundry service. Escalates issues that cannot be resolved to the supervisor and ensures incidents are reported in the Guest Log
13. Assists the Executive Housekeeper in managing permanent and temporary floral arrangements and decoration onboard the Yacht. Ensures that the fresh flower program is executed according to the Standard Operating Procedures and monitors the training of all florist responsibilities
14. Creates and monitors maintenance requests for non-functional equipment and any other topics affecting the housekeeping and laundry operation and ensures problems are resolved in an acceptable timeframe and escalates delays to the supervisor
15. Ensures the entire team is aware of incoming guest preferences, loyalty status (BonVoy and RCYC), VIP status, Gift Orders and any other voyage related information. Cooperates with the Guest Services Department and Personal Concierges to deliver outstanding personalized services to every guest onboard the Yacht
16. Assists with the supervisor and inspecting of all premium, VIP guest and Top tier loyalty member suites prior to embarkation. Accompanied on these inspections by the Senior Personal Concierge and the team servicing guests in those suites. Executes random spot checks of all other suites on embarkation day
17. Ensures that guest preferences are delivered and executed as recorded in the CRM system. Executes changes to recorded preferences or enters new preferences as per guests request and according to the Standard Operating Procedures
01. Model and hold others accountable for promoting the Gold Standards, respect and fair treatment
02. Ensures the Daily execution of Line-up in accordance with company standards and Brand Guidelines
03. Sets the department's expectations for desired behavior, knowledge and skill levels
04. Coaches others by providing constructive feedback; helps others identify developmental needs and monitors progress; promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included
05. Demonstrates alignment with corporate strategies and initiatives while ensuring alignment throughout the yacht organization
06. Executes or organizes training for individuals or groups to further the skills, knowledge and service standards in cooperation with the Human Resources department. Reviews periodically the progress of the teams LMS activities and tests if the theoretical knowledge is applied in practice
01. Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
02. Very good knowledge and experience in Housekeeping and Laundry operations. Advanced understanding of processes and procedures in the Cruise and Hotel industry, including inventory management, operating budgets and audit procedures
03. Very good knowledge and experience in Public Health rules and regulations related to United States Public Health (USPH) and Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
04. Sound knowledge of Property Management, Point Of Sales and Inventory Management systems in the capacity of a power user. Advanced knowledge of guest facing systems such as interactive television and in suite tablets is preferred
05. Previous experience onboard a luxury cruise ship as an Assistant Housekeeper or similar role is required. In addition, experience in a luxury hospitality environment is preferred
06. Very good knowledge of MS Office package or similar applications in particular Excel
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests' expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of 'five C's': we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.