WELCOME TO V.SHIPS LEISURE!V.Ships Leisure provides recruitment services to the cruiseline, ferry and yacht industry worldwide.We are proud to work with all sizes of vessel from the largest cruise lines offering great facilities and unique positions to the smallest luxury vessels sailing to the most remote ports, providing exceptional opportunities to travel.Our dedicated global recruitment team are cruise ship experienced and are passionate in helping hospitality professionals gain their next career move. We offer a free, personalised service and our careful pre-selection process enables us to matching your requirements with our clients needs.Whilst we provide potential employers with tailored recruitment solutions, we pride ourselves in being able to offer successful candidates unique and exciting employment opportunities.Best Ships. Best Career Opportunities. Best Adventures.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : Chefs-Kitchen
Location : Worldwide, France
Level : Management
Posted : 07 Feb 2022
Job Role : Executive Sous Chef
Recruiter : V Ships Leisure
Job Ref : HOZ22615
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-08-03
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
JOB TITLE: Chef de Cuisine (Southeast Asian Cuisine)
REPORTS TO: Executive Sous Chef
DIRECT REPORTS: Sous Chef
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The Chef de Cuisine (CDC) requires a strong knowledge of southeast Asian cuisine, creating and developing food offerings such as Sushi, Sashimi and Ramen, as well as contemporary Asian dishes. The CDC is responsible for delivering high quality and excellent food preparation in the Galley. This position provides the overall leadership in the assigned Galley operation and ensures that the Galley is operating in accordance with Company's Standard Operating Procedures, the food safety procedures as well as upholding all Public Health Standards. The CDC ensures that all work stations are clean at all times and set up correctly for a successful culinary operation and guest experience. The CDC will regularly engage with guests throughout the Yacht and host culinary workshops and events.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
01. Responsible for the assigned Galley operations, which includes but not limited to food safety, creativity, cleanliness, time management, repair and maintenance, employee management, training, coaching and execution
02. Responsible to produce and maintain the expected level of food quality in the assigned Galley
03. Supervises product delivery in the Galley ensuring consistency by always requiring adherence to recipes, correct execution methods, and picture presentation as the minimum standard
04. Ensures that the production, preparation, set-up and presentation of the food is completed on time and is of the highest quality at all times
05. Assists Direct Reports with daily menus, scheduling and food inventory. Is responsible to lead the Culinary team during the Executive Sous Chef's absence.
06. Ensures excellent cooperation and partnership with the Restaurant Manager and MaÎtre D' and discusses operational issues and menu briefings on a daily basis. Drives improvements and an awareness of "the why" at every opportunity with both front and heart of house team members
07. Ensures procedures when disposing of garbage and demonstrates cost and quality awareness and strives to reduce breakage and wastage
08. Adherence and ensures compliance with all Public Health, Safety and Environmental Regulations and all guidelines established by the Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and USPH standards
09. Oversees inventory control and approves purchase orders and requisitions with a quality and "cost in mind" approach
10. Monitors guest satisfaction on a daily basis and owns and immediately resolves guest problems
11. Completes daily reports for the Executive Sous Chef with regards to outlet operations, observations, complaints, defaults and repair request orders issued. Constantly striving to deliver the highest quality guest experience at every opportunity
12. Assists the Executive Sous Chef to prepare requisitions for all catering equipment to ensure a productive culinary operation
13. Full knowledge of all menu items, the recipes, the methods of production and the presentation standards. Takes a "Train the Trainer" approach in cascading the knowledge to their team
14. Engages with guests throughout the cruise and plans, prepares and executes culinary workshops and events such as scenography in partnership with Food & Beverage and Hotel Operations
01. Model and hold others accountable for promoting the Gold Standards, respect and fair treatment
02. Ensures the Daily execution of Line-up in accordance with company standards and Brand Guidelines
03. Sets the department's expectations for desired behavior, knowledge and skill levels
04. Coaches others by providing constructive feedback; helps others identify developmental needs and monitors progress; promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included
05. Demonstrates alignment with corporate strategies and initiatives while ensuring alignment throughout the yacht organization
01. Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
02. Minimum of five (5) years' experience at an International five-star restaurant with a minimum of two (2) years' experience in a Chef de Cuisine or similar role
03. Superior Public Health knowledge and experience specifically related to USPH and HACCP
04. Strong product knowledge of Food & Beverage, consumables, durables and equipment items required to operate cruise catering operations
05. Must be proficient in all stations in the Galley
06. Must have customer service and public speaking skills
07. Ability to work in a fast paced, hot environment
08. Demonstrates superior knife skills
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests' expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of 'five C's': we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.