Job Role :
Food & Beverage Steward
V Ships Leisure
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Chief Steward for Research Vessel
The Chief Stewardess is responsible to the Master for the following services;
- Hotel Services, including making sure of the wellbeing, comfort and safety for passengers and guests.
- Guest Services, such as:
- Planning guest activities,
- Assist with booking tours, restaurants, and other activities for the guests.
- Food Preparation. The Chief Stewardess shall work together with the Head Chef in order to organize meal servings to guests and crew.
- Interior of the vessel, including;
- Keeping the cabins and common areas clean and tidy
- Oversight and inventory of uniforms, service items, interior supplies, guest items, such as:
- Guest vines, spirits and cigars
- Guest gifts
- Preparing the vessel interior for sea
- Make any necessary purchases to keep the highest service level.
- Make sure that all personnel in the department are familiar and trained in all their duties as described in the vessel Safety Management System, including any procedures, policies or safe working practices.
- The Chief Stewardess is responsible for the safety of guests, and related safety arrangements in their cabins. The use of such safety equipment is to be demonstrated when a guest comes onboard. The Chief Stewardess must make sure any guests are assisted as appropriate in any emergency, including any special needs or arrangements for disabled persons or children.
- Carry out all duties related to Ship's Muster List, and any other duties as delegated by the Master or Head of Department.
- Report any Non-Conformities to the Safety Officer.
- Working Schedules
- The Chief Stewardess is responsible for creation and management of schedules for the stewardesses with regards to guest services and cleaning.
- General obligation
- The Chief Stewardess is required to keep the highest level of all service departments within the interior.
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of 'five C's': we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.