Industry : Other Industry
Department : Other Department
Location : Worldwide, France
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 07 Feb 2022
Job Role : Other Role
Recruiter : V Ships Leisure
Job Ref : HOZ60661
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-09-17
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
JOB TITLE: Electro-Technical Assistant
REPORTS TO: Second Electrician
DIRECT REPORTS: None
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks
experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The Electro-Technical Assistant is responsible for supporting the maintenance of all electrical equipment and systems as
directed by the Chief Electrician, to ensure safe, secure and environmentally sound operations and the comfort of
our guests and Ladies and Gentlemen. Promotes that all Gold Standards and Brand Culture are embraced by the
team at all times, particularly when assisting guests and Ladies and Gentlemen.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in
accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
01. Assists Second Electrician in hotel electrical duties, working in close co-operation with the ET / IT Assistant
02. Responsible for replacement of failed light bulbs and damaged switches/sockets throughout the vessel,
ensuring minimum disruption and inconvenience to guests and employees
03. Ensures uninterrupted hotel service, while carrying out basic electrical repairs related to Galley & Laundry
equipment, portable electrical equipment, motor replacements and bearing changes for deck machinery &
04. Installs new equipment and cables and assists with yacht modifications when necessary
05. Maintains the highest standards of public health compliance by performing maintenance in accordance with
applicable Public Health regulations and carries out weekly final rinse temperature checks of dishwashers
and similar public health related temperature checks
06. Stock monitoring and routine audits of electrical consumables, advising Second Electrician / Storekeeper
(Technical) of quantities and any discrepancies
07. Performs maintenance in accordance with the Planned Maintenance System
01. Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for
the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
02. Two (2) years' experience as a cruise vessel Assistant Electrician
03. Good command of the English Language
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures
and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required
to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand
and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal
forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and coworkers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests' expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of 'five C's': we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.