Industry : Other Industry
Department : Other Department
Location : Worldwide, France
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 07 Feb 2022
Job Role : Cruise Staff
Recruiter : V Ships Leisure
Job Ref : HOZ84453
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-09-17
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
JOB TITLE: First Electro-Technical Officer
REPORTS TO: Chief Electro-Technical Officer
DIRECT REPORTS: Third Electro-Technical Officer, Electro-Technical Assistant
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks
experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The First Electro-Technical Officer (ETO) is the second in command of the electrical department. This role is responsible to the department head for safe and efficient repair, maintenance, testing, operation and administration of the electrical propulsion and power plant, the machinery process automation, the integrated control and alarm monitoring system and all machinery room electrical equipment.
In carrying out their duties, the First Electro-Technical Officer works in close co-operation with the Chief Electro-Technical Officer and all other department heads to ensure the highest standards of safety, security, public health, environmental compliance, and guest services are maintained. Promotes that all Gold Standards and Brand Culture are embraced by the team at all times.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
01. The First ETO ensures that all electrical work in the machinery spaces is carried out in accordance with IMO, OHSE, flag-state and other regulatory constraints, and maintains close control of budget and overtimes.
02. Directs, manages and supervises the daily activities of his direct reports to ensure work is completed to the highest standards of safety and environmental compliance.
03. Holds daily meetings with the Chief ETO and the electrical department regarding work schedules, repairs and planned maintenance. Fosters close cooperation and communication with all other departments to ensure the experience of our guests and safety considerations are appropriately considered in the daily work planning.
04. Is responsible to the Chief ETO for safe function of the main electrical propulsion and high voltage installation. Prepares and signs electrical work permits as responsible officer and ensures appropriate isolation, lock out and tag out of electrical systems prior to any work. Drafts isolation switch plans for approval by the Chief ETO.
05. Carries out fault finding and troubleshooting on all systems under his/her responsibility and supports subordinated team members and other departments whenever required or as advised by the chief electro-technical officer.
06. Inspects on regular basis all technical spaces to monitor the high standard of electrical systems and of any electric workmanship carried out.
07. Arranges departmental requisitions of supplies, spare parts and consumables to ensure critical spares are always at hand, while maintaining close control of operational budgets.
08. Ensures maintenance and repair information under his/her responsibility is updated in the Planned Maintenance System and oversees scheduling, supervision and completion of all maintenance and repairs.
09. Attends the Engine Control Room (ECR) during maneuvering in case the Chief ETO is not available, or as advised by the department head.
01. Acts as role model and holds others accountable for promoting the Gold Standards, respect and fair treatment. Sets the department's expectations for desired behavior, knowledge and skill levels.
02. Ensures the daily execution of line-up in accordance with company standards and brand guidelines.
03. Coaches and trains subordinated team members, provides constructive feedback in form of written appraisals to help identifying developmental needs and monitoring progress; Promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included.
04. Demonstrates alignment with corporate strategies and initiatives while ensuring alignment throughout the yacht organization.
01. Valid STCW III/6 certification as Electro-Technical Officer (including High Voltage Training, Management Level).
02. All required STCW certificates of proficiency according to position.
03. At least three years previous experience as cruise vessel first electro-technical officer.
04. Technical degree in electrical engineering.
05. Excellent command of the English language.
06. Exceptional knowledge of modern luxury shipboard equipment, systems, and operations.
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests' expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of 'five C's': we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.