WELCOME TO V.SHIPS LEISURE!V.Ships Leisure provides recruitment services to the cruiseline, ferry and yacht industry worldwide.We are proud to work with all sizes of vessel from the largest cruise lines offering great facilities and unique positions to the smallest luxury vessels sailing to the most remote ports, providing exceptional opportunities to travel.Our dedicated global recruitment team are cruise ship experienced and are passionate in helping hospitality professionals gain their next career move. We offer a free, personalised service and our careful pre-selection process enables us to matching your requirements with our clients needs.Whilst we provide potential employers with tailored recruitment solutions, we pride ourselves in being able to offer successful candidates unique and exciting employment opportunities.Best Ships. Best Career Opportunities. Best Adventures.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : Engineering
Location : Worldwide, France
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 07 Apr 2022
Job Role : Assistant Chief Engineer
Recruiter : V Ships Leisure
Job Ref : HOZ63820
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-07-25
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Please be advised we are currently pooling for this position - therefore your application will be placed in a pool and we will be in touch when the embark date for the vacancy is confirmed.
JOB TITLE: First Engineer
REPORTS TO: Assistant Chief Engineer
DIRECT REPORTS: Motorman
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The First Engineer is the senior engineering officer of the watch and is assigned to one (1) of three (3) shift patterns. On watch duty, the First Engineer is responsible for the safe operation and routine maintenance of all technical interests onboard, ensuring strict compliance with Environmental, Safety, Public Health and Security standards. The First Engineer maintains close communication and interaction with the bridge watchkeeping team and is responsible for initiating emergency response actions when necessary. This position promotes and enlivens the Gold Standards and Brand Culture and ensures the team does as well, particularly when assisting guests and Ladies and Gentlemen.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
01. Serves as Engineer in charge of the watch with additional tasks as deemed necessary by the Assistant Chief Engineer to perform routine maintenance and/or emergency duties
02. Responsible for ensuring technical operations are conducted to the highest standards of Environmental, Safety, Public Health and Security compliance. The First Engineer organizes work tasks for all technical personnel under his/her watch and is responsible to ensure that safe working practices are maintained, while verifying all watchkeeping and maintenance tasks are appropriately and efficiently completed.
03. Maintains close communication and co-operation with the bridge watchkeeping team and monitors or adjusts all vital parameters and settings to obtain/maintain a safe and economical sailing. In emergency situations, the First Engineer on watch is responsible for initiating first response actions, and maintaining propulsion and engine plant integrity
04. Supports the Assistant Chief Engineer with planning and execution of engine room maintenance, ensuring the experiences of our guests or Ladies and Gentlemen are not compromised
05. Ensures maintenance and repair information is updated in the Planned Maintenance System and over-sees scheduling, supervision and completion of all maintenance and repairs
06. Initiates requisitions of supplies, spare parts and consumables associated with the watch shift and spheres of responsibility, to ensure critical spares are always at hand while maintaining close control of operational budgets
07. Ensures bunkering of fuel, lubricating oil, water and processing of wastewater and bilges is done in strict accordance with company, national and international standards
08. Under the direction of the Chief Engineer, the First Engineer will be assigned to the Technical department Responsibilities listed; Generators, Boilers and Steam Plant, Oily Water Separators, Separators & Purifiers, Compressors, Evaporators, Water Chlorination Systems, Engine Room Watchkeeping and Logbooks, as well as maintenance of stabilizers, waste system, machinery space pumps, filters & heat exchangers, greasing routines and oil sampling
09. Supports newbuild operations to include work in the shipyard as appropriate
01. Model and hold others accountable for promoting the Gold Standards, respect and fair treatment
02. Ensures the Daily execution of Line-up in accordance with company standards and Brand Guidelines
03. Sets the department's expectations for desired behavior, knowledge and skill levels
04. Coaches others by providing constructive feedback; helps others identify developmental needs and monitors progress; promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included
05. Demonstrates alignment with corporate strategies and initiatives while ensuring alignment throughout the yacht organization
01. Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
02. STCW Chief Engineer's licence (motor) unlimited
03. Certificate of completion Diesel Electric Propulsion
04. Three (3) years previous experience as cruise vessel Senior Watchkeeping Engineer, previous shipbuilding experience preferred
05. Excellent command of the English Language
06. Exceptional knowledge of modern luxury shipboard equipment, systems, and operations
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of 'five C's': we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.