IT and Computers
Job Role :
Assistant IT Manager
V Ships Leisure
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For IT OFFICER / cruise vessel CHARMING
Recruiting for experienced IT OFFICER for cruise vessel CHARMING
Embarkation September 2021
Salary in USD//per month worked - will be informed upon interview!
Contract 4 months +/-1
The IT Manager is responsible for the on board maintenance, operation, and support of the shipboard computer systems, Photocopiers, Printers, PBX Phone System and Satellite Communications. The position provides full IT professionalism skills including system monitoring and troubleshooting. Responsible for ensuring the computer systems which affect guest and internal services are operational at all times.
The IT Manager provides technical support for the onboard users while maintaining the shipboard computer systems. In turn, is supported by the Vendors shoreside.
- Maintains and troubleshoots shipboard satellite connectivity and reception using ORBIT AL7200 MK3 Satellite Console
- Maintains, monitors, troubleshoots, tune-in performance, updates and upgrades Shipboard Operating Systems, Systems applications, User Workstations, POS, Windows 2003 Servers R2 and Network Hardwares such as the hubs, routers and switches.
- Supports HP Servers, Hubs, HP Compaq and Maxdata PC workstations, Frontier & Panasonic Touch POS PCs, and Various range of HP Printers , Epson Printers and Photocopiers.
- Maintains, troubleshoots and configures Domain Network Management, PBX, Argus Billing System for Telephones, PBX System, MDaemon Mail Server, HeadLand Media Mail Server, Microsoft Outlook, Saflok System, IISII System, Altamedia InternetCafe Software, IAC - Internet Access Cabin, VShips ShipSure System
- Virus Protects all systems onboard with Trend Micro Antivirus System.
- Supports all systems that requires computer interface for configuration and programming ex. SSAS on the bridge
- Reports and works with vendors on resolving issues with their respective systems.
- Assists Electronic Engineer in maintaining the TV Broadcast Systems.
- Maintains and troubleshoots shipboard satellite connectivity and reception using ORBIT AL7200 MK3 Satellite Console. Responsible in coordinating with vendor-MTN/SeaMobile/NOC in satellite configuration.
- Maintains, Configure and troubleshoot PBX Systems and works hand in hand with vendors specifically with the performance and quality of Voice Telephone System.
- Windows Servers and PC's
- Maintains, monitors, troubleshoots, tune-in performance, updates and upgrades Shipboard Operating Systems, Systems applications, Users Logins, User Drives, netword shared drives, User Workstations, POS, Windows Servers and protects them with Trend Micro Antivirus System.
- Iisii System
- Maintains, updates, troubleshoot iisii system and coordinates with vendor for further support.
- Install, configure, maintains, administer, and conduct replications(Import/export of data) of the ShipSure Applications.
- IAC - Internet Access Cabins
- Maintains, monitors, troubleshoot IAC Linux Server to ensure proper operations of the Internet on Passenger Cabins, Crew and Passenger Internet Café.
- Email System
- Add, configure, maintains functionality of the Mdaemon and HeadLand Media mail servers to provide services with users Outlook Mail system. Also responsible for the emergency mail system operations and maintenance of the iridium system.
- Maintains, Manage and Troubleshoot the Saflok Database, and Performs Door Lock linking, programming and readings.
- Virus Protection
- Maintains, configure and ensure all onboard systems are protected with the Trend Micro Antivirus System.
- Perform, Check, Verify and restore Files from Windows Backup, IAC Linux Backup, IIsII Backup. Catalog/Label, Store and Secure Backup Tapes.
- Printers and Photocopiers
- Maintains, troubleshoot and conduct preventive maintenance of all printers and photocopiers.
- Equipment Racks & Locations of remote Hubs
- Maintains, Plans, Redesign and Updates information of the onboard network connections, locations , and equipment configurations.
- Maintains a healthy inventory of IT equipments, Spares and proper storage locations. Ensures all are working and inventory is current.
- Coordinate/Liase/Calls/Creates a Problem Report to Vendors on each respective systems.
- Assist internal users on systems that requires computer interface for configurations either be navigation bridge systems or engine control room systems.
- Assist Electronic Engineer in maintaining, troubleshooting, programming of the Broadcast Systems
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of 'five C's': we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.