WELCOME TO V.SHIPS LEISURE!V.Ships Leisure provides recruitment services to the cruiseline, ferry and yacht industry worldwide.We are proud to work with all sizes of vessel from the largest cruise lines offering great facilities and unique positions to the smallest luxury vessels sailing to the most remote ports, providing exceptional opportunities to travel.Our dedicated global recruitment team are cruise ship experienced and are passionate in helping hospitality professionals gain their next career move. We offer a free, personalised service and our careful pre-selection process enables us to matching your requirements with our clients needs.Whilst we provide potential employers with tailored recruitment solutions, we pride ourselves in being able to offer successful candidates unique and exciting employment opportunities.Best Ships. Best Career Opportunities. Best Adventures.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : Other Department
Location : Worldwide, France
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 07 Feb 2022
Job Role : Other Role
Recruiter : V Ships Leisure
Job Ref : HOZ75319
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-07-31
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
JOB TITLE: Marine- Hotel Fitter
REPORTS TO: Ship Service Engineer
DIRECT REPORTS: None
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks
experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The Marine - Hotel Fitter is an engine rating position whose primary responsibility is to perform routine and
breakdown maintenance and repairs to hotel equipment and systems, deck machinery, Zodiacs and lifeboats.
Promotes that all Gold Standards and Brand Culture are embraced by the team at all times, particularly when
assisting guests and Ladies and Gentlemen.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in
accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
01. Ensures an un-paralleled experience and the highest level of satisfaction for our guests and Ladies and
Gentlemen by performing repairs to, and maintenance of, deck machinery, hotel equipment and
accommodation plumbing systems, such as but not limited to: Galleys, Laundries, Pools, Lifeboats, Tenders,
Zodiacs and Safety systems as directed by the First Engineer Accommodation
02. Performs general routine maintenance tasks contained within the Planned Maintenance Systems under the
direction of the First Engineer Accommodation
03. Responsible for the inventory and proper securing of tools & consumables within the Zodiac workshop and
04. Proactive and makes daily accommodation machinery space inspection rounds in areas such as pool rooms,
hydraulic rooms, laundries and galleys in order to promptly identify and address deficiencies
05. Conducts weekly checks of Lifeboats; Tenders, Zodiacs & hydraulic power packs
06. Forms part of an on-call rotation for hotel and plumbing related callouts
07. Maintaining the highest USPH standards, the Marine - Hotel Fitter tests backflow preventers, advising First Engineer Accommodation of any discrepancies within the cross-connection plan
01. Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for
the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
02. Three (3) years' experience in a similar rank onboard a cruise vessel
03. Experienced mechanic with excellent welding, fitting, machining and plumbing skills
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures
and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required
to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand
and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal
forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and coworkers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests' expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of 'five C's': we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.