Industry : Other Industry
Department : Engineering
Location : Worldwide, France
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 07 Feb 2022
Job Role : Cruise Staff
Recruiter : V Ships Leisure
Job Ref : HOZ54722
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-09-16
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
We are currently recruiting for MOTORMAN forcruise vessel.Embarkation ASAP
Salary in USD/per month worked on board.
Required: experience as MM, all valid STCW Certificates, CoP - STCW Reg.III/5, valid certificates for passenger vessel STCW Reg.V/2
Functions and Responsibility
The Motorman reports to 1st Engineer and the EOOW for all daily routines , for watch keeping.
Delegated authority by the First Engineer / EOOW to execute assigned responsibilities.
The Motorman functions and responsibility shall include, but not be limited to:
• To perform repair and maintenance work according to demands and instructions given by the First Engineer.
• To perform Engine Room watches as instructed by the EOOW and carry out operational and maintenance work within the engine department as required.
• To participate in safety training and emergency drills, and to familiarize himself with the location, layout and use of safety installations and equipment.
• All fuel tanks to be drained of water each watch.
• Main and working air receivers to be drained of moisture every watch.
• Inspection of bowtruster room to be carried out each watch. Report condition to EOOW.
• Inform the EOOW when he is leaving the watch and when he returns.
• At the end of the watch, report to the EOOW for overtime duties.
• When handing over the watch, the condition of machinery in service to be clearly conveyed.
• The oil level of the following machinery to be closely monitored and topped up as required:
• Main engines and Diesel Alternator sumps
• Main Engine and Diesel Alternators turbochargers
• All purifiers
• All shaft bearings
• Air compressors
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of 'five C's': we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.