Industry : Other Industry
Department : Front of House
Location : Worldwide, France
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 07 Feb 2022
Job Role : Concierge
Recruiter : V Ships Leisure
Job Ref : HOZ97000
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-09-14
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
JOB TITLE: Personal Concierge
DEPARTMENT: Guest Services
REPORTS TO: Senior Personal Concierge
DIRECT REPORTS: None
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
Always one step ahead, The Personal Concierge is among one of the first and last points of contact for guests. Expert influencers of the guest experience, anticipating the guest's needs every time that an opportunity presents itself. Highly trained in the art of conversation and mindfully precise service, this critical Guest Services position acts as the single point of contact for guests, both in coordinating their experience and communicating the details to each of the onboard functional teams.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
01. Reaches out to guests seven days prior to sailing to build a connection and enquire around expectations for the sailing. Captures the guest's preferences at this time and provides opportunities to finalize reservations and onboard experiences. Partners with the Special Services team to coordinate the delivery of all guest experiences
02. Owner of the onboard experience for all guests within their care, proactively staying ahead of the guest's needs through communicating ahead of time and by timely follow-up with the respective department heads. The ultimate insider, providing recommendations for onboard services including The Spa and restaurant reservations. Makes thoughtful recommendations to guests about upcoming ports of call, Shore Collection experiences and stays close to the experience follow-up and enquiry
03. Actively promotes all areas of the onboard guest experience, anticipating the needs from each particular guest and shaping recommendations based on the guest's expectations, desired wishes and vacation goals
04. Acts as the single point of resolution for all guests in their care, encouraging guests to provide feedback around their experiences to enable immediate conflict resolution. Liaises with the onboard functional heads to provide feedback on guest issues and drives to a resolution before closing the loop with all guests on final outcomes. Reports where appropriate in the Guest Log
05. Strives to meet every guest in their care at check-in, walking onboard and offering guests the opportunity to be escorted personally to their suite. Provides suite familiarization to all guests upon arrival to the suite or ensures the Suite Attendant delivers familiarization where not possible to be provided in person
01. Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
02. Experience within luxury hotel or cruise delivering personalized luxury service and hospitality
03. Knowledge of luxury butler programs and awareness of the importance of an anticipatory service culture
04. An influencer with a natural charisma for taking the lead in guest situations and determining best needs of the guest in all situations
05. Capable of understanding the application software being utilized to support The Personal Concierge Program
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests' expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of 'five C's': we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.