WELCOME TO V.SHIPS LEISURE!V.Ships Leisure provides recruitment services to the cruiseline, ferry and yacht industry worldwide.We are proud to work with all sizes of vessel from the largest cruise lines offering great facilities and unique positions to the smallest luxury vessels sailing to the most remote ports, providing exceptional opportunities to travel.Our dedicated global recruitment team are cruise ship experienced and are passionate in helping hospitality professionals gain their next career move. We offer a free, personalised service and our careful pre-selection process enables us to matching your requirements with our clients needs.Whilst we provide potential employers with tailored recruitment solutions, we pride ourselves in being able to offer successful candidates unique and exciting employment opportunities.Best Ships. Best Career Opportunities. Best Adventures.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : Security
Location : Worldwide, France
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 07 Apr 2022
Job Role : Cruise Staff
Recruiter : V Ships Leisure
Job Ref : HOZ53237
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-07-25
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Please be advised we are currently pooling for this position - therefore your application will be placed in a pool and we will be in touch when the embark date for the vacancy is confirmed.
JOB TITLE: Safety Officer
REPORTS TO: Chief Officer
DIRECT REPORTS: Second Officer, Chief Carpenter
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks
experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The Safety Officer functions as the yacht's Statutory Safety Officer and, together with the Chief Officer, oversees,
guides and supports nautical operations and maintenance throughout the yacht to ensure the highest levels of
cleanliness, maintenance, safety, security and environmental compliance are maintained at all times. The Safety
Officer is responsible for the yacht's workplace safety and accident prevention programs and co-ordinates all drills
for employees, as well as training of the emergency teams. The Safety Officer ensures the proper testing and
inspection of all safety systems and equipment onboard and is assisted in these duties by the First Engineer
(Technical) (Deputy Safety Officer). The Safety Officer acts as a supplemental member of the bridge team during
periods of heightened manning, and coaches the Second Officers in their duties, particularly with regards to ship
handling and BRM. Promotes that all Gold Standards and Brand Culture are embraced by the team at all times,
particularly when assisting guests and Ladies and Gentlemen.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in
accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
01. Supports and understudies the Chief Officer at all times, with the safety of the ship, guests and employees
as the highest priority. Is able to fulfill the role of Chief Officer at any time
02. Serves as the Ship's Statutory Safety Officer, the Bridge Manager, and is a leading member of the Safety
Committee. In doing so the First Officer ensures the yacht operates at the highest levels of compliance at all
03. Oversees and manages the ship's Statutory Safety Obligations including crew safety training, employee and
guest drills, safety rounds, accident and incident reports, and investigations. Ensures at all times the
onboard employees are confident, well trained, well equipped, and capable to deal with any arising
04. Ensures the successful execution of the shipboard emergency plan, through regular and meaningful training
05. In order to maintain full compliance across the yacht, the Safety Officer demonstrates a full understanding of
the Safety Management System (SMS) and carries out the vessel operation in accordance with the SMS.
Ensures the permit to work system process is adhered to.
Ensures all ship's employees work, as a minimum, to the standards contained in the COSWP
06. In the interests of operating at the highest levels of professionalism and safety, the Safety Officer coaches the
nautical department in the areas of voyage planning, navigation, small boat operations, stability, safety, and regulatory compliance. The Safety Officer will regularly conduct un-announced touch drills to ensure the Second Officers are proficient in emergency response initial actions
07. In order to operate at the highest environmental and safety standards, the Safety officer will assist the Chief Officer to ensure tendering and water sports are carried out in strict accordance with company, national and international standards
08. Attends and supervises mooring operations as required by the Chief Officer
09. Assists the Chief Officer with tank inspections and maintenance
10. Supports the Chief Officer and Sr. Director Marine Operations in all Newbuild areas to include work in the shipyard as appropriate
11. The Safety Officer will be responsible for the below Deck Department responsibilities as defined in the Company's Safety Management System; Movement of passengers, Statutory Safety Officer, Safety Training, Safety Maintenance, Deck department inventory, Rounds and Routines, Mooring Stations, Tender operations, Permit to work system
01. Model and hold others accountable for promoting the Gold Standards, respect and fair treatment
02. Ensures the Daily execution of Line-up in accordance with company standards and Brand Guidelines
03. Sets the department's expectations for desired behavior, knowledge and skill levels
04. Coaches others by providing constructive feedback; helps others identify developmental needs and monitors
progress; promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included
05. Demonstrates alignment with corporate strategies and initiatives while ensuring alignment throughout the
01. Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for
the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
02. Qualifications as defined in form C601D
03. Chief Officer license required; Master unlimited license preferred
04. Three (3) years previous experience as cruise vessel Safety Officer, previous shipbuilding experience
05. Excellent command of the English Language
06. Exceptional knowledge of modern luxury shipboard equipment, systems, and operations
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures
and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required
to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand
and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal
forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and coworkers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests' expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of 'five C's': we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.