Industry : Other Industry
Department : Engineering
Location : Worldwide, France
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 07 Feb 2022
Job Role : Assistant Chief Engineer
Recruiter : V Ships Leisure
Job Ref : HOZ2659
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-09-17
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
JOB TITLE: Second Electro-Technical Engineer (2nd ETE)
REPORTS TO: First Electro-Technical Officer (1st ETO)
DIRECT REPORTS: ETO Assistant
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks
experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The Second Electro-Technical Engineer works under the direction of the First ETO to assist with the maintenance, and safe
operation of all onboard electrical systems. In carrying out his / her duties the Second ETE will work in close co-operation with the Hotel and Nautical Departments to ensure the highest standards of safety, security, public health, environmental compliance, and service to Ladies and Gentlemen, is maintained. Promotes that all Gold Standards and Brand Culture are embraced by the team at all times, particularly when assisting guests and Ladies and Gentlemen.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in
accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
01. Ensures the yacht is operated at the highest levels of safety, comfort and efficiency by repairing and
troubleshooting hotel related electrical installations as Galley & Laundry Equipment, Electrical Distribution,
Elevators, Platforms, Dimmer Systems, Sliding doors etc., as directed by the First / Chief ETO
02. Assists the Refrigeration Engineer with repairs and problem solving with HVAC and hotel related electrical
installation within hotel related areas
03. Repairs and solves problems with safety equipment such as: watertight doors, break doors, navigation lights,
fire detection systems, P.A. system, lifesaving equipment, Low Location Lighting, etc.
04. Performs regular maintenance and troubleshooting on elevators. Supervises cleaning of elevator trunks
ensuring guest satisfaction is not negatively impacted
05. Performs maintenance in accordance with applicable Public Health regulations to ensure the highest
standards are maintained at all times
06. Performs other routine maintenance and reporting in accordance with the Planned Maintenance System
01. Model and hold others accountable for promoting the Gold Standards, respect and fair treatment
02. Ensures the Daily execution of Line-up in accordance with company standards and Brand Guidelines
03. Sets the department's expectations for desired behavior, knowledge and skill levels
04. Coaches others by providing constructive feedback; helps others identify developmental needs and monitors progress; promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included
05. Demonstrates alignment with corporate strategies and initiatives while ensuring alignment throughout the yacht organization
01. Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for
the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
02. Shipboard High Voltage Training preferred
03. Diesel Electric Propulsion Certificate of Completion preferred
04. Three (3) years previous experience as cruise vessel Second Electrician; previous shipbuilding experience
05. Excellent command of the English Language
06. Exceptional knowledge of modern luxury shipboard equipment, systems, and operations
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures
and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required
to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand
and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal
forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and coworkers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests' expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of 'five C's': we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.