WELCOME TO V.SHIPS LEISURE!V.Ships Leisure provides recruitment services to the cruiseline, ferry and yacht industry worldwide.We are proud to work with all sizes of vessel from the largest cruise lines offering great facilities and unique positions to the smallest luxury vessels sailing to the most remote ports, providing exceptional opportunities to travel.Our dedicated global recruitment team are cruise ship experienced and are passionate in helping hospitality professionals gain their next career move. We offer a free, personalised service and our careful pre-selection process enables us to matching your requirements with our clients needs.Whilst we provide potential employers with tailored recruitment solutions, we pride ourselves in being able to offer successful candidates unique and exciting employment opportunities.Best Ships. Best Career Opportunities. Best Adventures.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : Chefs-Kitchen
Location : Worldwide/France
Level : Management
Posted : 03 Dec 2021
Job Role : Executive Sous Chef
Recruiter : V Ships Leisure
Job Ref : HOZ11942
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 31 Dec 2021
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
JOB TITLE: Senior Chef de Cuisine (S.E.A)
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef with dotted line to Culinary Director
DIRECT REPORTS: Sous Chef (S.E.A), Chef de Partie (S.E.A/Evrima)
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
S.E.A (Sven.Elverfeld.Aqua) is the flagship culinary venue onboard The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection. In partnership with Chef Sven Elverfeld of "Aqua" at The Ritz-Carlton Wolfsburg, this dining venue will deliver a three Michelin Star concept experience onboard Yacht Evrima. The Senior Chef de Cuisine (S.E.A.) will be responsible for delivering an uncompromising level of culinary quality for this dining venue and will be an inspiring leader to all Ladies and Gentlemen under their care. In that mission they will deliver uncompromising quality for all dish preparation, execution and finish that is comparable with a culinary experience at 'Aqua" Wolfsburg.
The Senior Chef de Cuisine (S.E.A.) oversees the culinary operation ensuring the Galley is operating in accordance with the Company's food safety procedures as well as upholding all Public Health Standards. This position will regularly engage with guests throughout the yacht and host culinary workshops and events. Their duties are not only limited to the management of S.E.A. but as directed by the Executive Sous Chef.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
01.Responsible for the S.E.A. Galley operations, which includes but not limited to food safety, creativity, cleanliness, ordering, inventory, time management, repair and maintenance, employee management, training, coaching and execution
02. Partners with Executive Chef and Culinary Director to execute all menus designed by Chef Elverfeld to quality expected
03. Ensures that the production, preparation, set-up and presentation of the food is completed on time and is of the highest quality at all times according to Three Michelin Star concept restaurant standards
04. Assists Direct Reports with daily menus, scheduling and food inventory. Is responsible to lead the Culinary team during the Executive Chef's absence
05. Exemplifies full knowledge of the menu items, recipes, methods of production and presentation standards
06. Manages product delivery in the Galley ensuring consistency by always requiring adherence to recipes, correct execution methods, and picture presentations as the minimum standard
07. Responsible for the assigned Galley operations, which includes but not limited to food safety, creativity, cleanliness, time management, repair and maintenance, employee management, training, coaching and execution
08. Ensures excellent cooperation and partnership with the Food & Beverage Director, Restaurant Manager, Senior MaÎtre D and MaÎtre D' and discusses operational issues and menu briefings on a daily basis. Drives improvements and an awareness of "the why" at every opportunity with both front and heart of house team members
09. Practices and applies economical food production by ensuring correct procedures when disposing of all waste and demonstrates cost and quality awareness while striving to reduce breakage and wastage.
10. Regulates, adheres and complies with all Public Health, Safety and Environmental Regulations and Guidelines established by The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and USPH standards. This includes, but not limited to cleaning, temperature recording, store organization, internal inspections and Integrated Pest Management
11. Assists the Executive Chef to prepare requisitions for all catering equipment to ensure a productive culinary operation
12. Oversees inventory control and approves purchase orders and requisitions
13. Monitors guest satisfaction on a daily basis and owns and immediately resolves guest problems
14. Completes daily reports for the Executive Chef with regards to outlet operations, observations, complaints, defaults and repair request orders issued
15. Takes ownership of all issues, complaints, service difficulties and potential problems efficiently and immediately and informs the Executive Chef and / or the Culinary Leadership team
16. Full knowledge of all menu items, the recipes, the methods of production and the presentation standards. Takes a "Train the Trainer" approach in cascading the knowledge to their tea
17. Engages with guests throughout the cruise and plans, prepares and executes culinary workshops and events such as scenography in partnership with Food & Beverage and Cruise Hotel Operations