WELCOME TO V.SHIPS LEISURE!V.Ships Leisure provides recruitment services to the cruiseline, ferry and yacht industry worldwide.We are proud to work with all sizes of vessel from the largest cruise lines offering great facilities and unique positions to the smallest luxury vessels sailing to the most remote ports, providing exceptional opportunities to travel.Our dedicated global recruitment team are cruise ship experienced and are passionate in helping hospitality professionals gain their next career move. We offer a free, personalised service and our careful pre-selection process enables us to matching your requirements with our clients needs.Whilst we provide potential employers with tailored recruitment solutions, we pride ourselves in being able to offer successful candidates unique and exciting employment opportunities.Best Ships. Best Career Opportunities. Best Adventures.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : Engineering
Location : Worldwide, France
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 07 Feb 2022
Job Role : Assistant Chief Engineer
Recruiter : V Ships Leisure
Job Ref : HOZ50511
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-07-24
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Please be advised we are currently pooling for this position - therefore your application will be placed in a pool and we will be in touch when the embark date for the vacancy is confirmed.
JOB TITLE: Ship Service EngineerDEPARTMENT: Technical
REPORTS TO: Chief Engineer
DIRECT REPORTS: Marine - HOtel Fitter, Refrigeration Engineer, Refrigeration Assistant
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The Ship Service Engineer is responsible to the Chief Engineer for the maintenance, administration, supervision, and safe operation of Hotel & Deck related equipment including but not limited to: Galleys, Laundries, Pools, Deck machinery, Lifeboats, Tenders, Zodiacs and Fixed Safety Systems. In addition, responsible for the technical aspects of hotel related projects and modifications. The Ship Service Engineer is the supervisor of the Marine - Hotel Fitter, Refrigeration Engineer and Refrigeration Assistant. Together with the Assistant Chief
Engineer this position oversees, guides and supports technical operations and maintenance throughout the yacht and will ensure the highest levels of cleanliness, maintenance, safety and environmental compliance are maintained at all times. The Ship Service Engineer promotes that all Gold Standards and Brand Culture are embraced by the team at all times, particularly when assisting guests and Ladies and Gentlemen.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
01. Directs the activities of the Refrigeration Engineer and Marine - Hotel Fitter and ensures personnel work in accordance with ILO, MLC, STCW and other regulatory constraints, and maintains close control of budgeted overtime
02. Holds daily meetings with the Chief Engineer regarding work schedules and planning of maintenance. In planning future work the Ship Service Engineer fosters close cooperation and communication with Nautical and Hotel Departments to ensure guest experience and safety considerations are appropriately considered
03. Represents the company in technical matters with Deck & Hotel related technical surveyors, government officials, representatives of shipyards, repair firms and ship chandlers. Supports and replaces Assistant Chief Engineer if needed.
04. Ensures that maintenance and repair information is updated in the Planned Maintenance System and over sees scheduling, supervision and completion of all maintenance and repairs
05. Supervises all work which is unusually hazardous in order to ensure the highest standards of workplace safety, and only after taking appropriate risk mitigation measures as defined in the Safety Management System
06. Monitors departmental requisitions of supplies, spare parts and consumables and maintains close control of operational budgets
07. Oversees departmental compliance with regard to safety, security, environment and public health, as defined in the Company's Safety Management System and national and international legislation
08. Maintains the technical audit and inspection follow up program, ensuring company, class, Flag State, Port State and other inspection reports are properly and promptly followed up, and items closed out with the Assistant Chief Engineer
09. Responsible for the appraisal, planning, and execution of general engineering related hotel projects and modifications.
10. Responsible for the following Technical Department responsibilities as defined in the Company's Safety Management System; Deck Machinery, Hotel Equipment, Air Conditioning, and Swimming Pool Systems
11. Supports newbuild operations to include work in the shipyard as appropriate
01. Model and hold others accountable for promoting the Gold Standards, respect and fair treatment
02. Ensures the Daily execution of Line-up in accordance with company standards and Brand Guidelines
03. Sets the department's expectations for desired behavior, knowledge and skill levels
04. Coaches others by providing constructive feedback; helps others identify developmental needs and monitors progress; promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included
05. Demonstrates alignment with corporate strategies and initiatives while ensuring alignment throughout the yacht organization
01. Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
02. Chief Engineer III/2 Unlimited Motor
03. Shipboard High Voltage Training
04. Diesel Electric Propulsion Certificate of Completion
05. Three (3) years previous experience as cruise vessel Staff Chief Engineer, previous shipbuilding experience preferred
06. Excellent command of the English Language
07. Exceptional knowledge of modern luxury shipboard equipment, systems, and operations
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and coworkers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests' expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of 'five C's': we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.