Industry : Other Industry
Department : Other Department
Location : Worldwide, France
Level : Management
Posted : 07 Jul 2022
Job Role : Other Role
Recruiter : V Ships Leisure
Job Ref : HOZ18913
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-09-08
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
We are looking for a Shop Manager for Mystic Cruises!
As Shop Manager you will manage a small team, overseeing all aspects of retail management.
To be considered for the role, you will require:
- Experience of working in retail onboard a Cruise Ship
- Speak Fluent German to a good conversational level
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- Must have good administrative skills (proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel).
Rank: Officer (2.5 Stripes equivalent)
Reporting to: Hotel Director
Substitute: Asst. Shop Manager
General Responsibilities: The position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental Standards.
- Responsible for the efficient management and productivity of the retail shop onboard.
- To ensure that the highest quality of service is provided in the Shop.
- To greet guests in the shop and assist them professionally.
- Control of shop inventory.
- Open, operate and/or close store a scheduled.
- Prepare sales reports results.
- Participate in providing new hire training and ongoing training to ensure all staff are familiar with store procedure.
- To ensure that the Shop, display areas and store rooms are securely locked when staff is not present and at the end of the business day - Merchandise may not be left unattended at any time in the receiving areas.
- To display all images to their full potential in the Shop and to promote sales accordingly.
- Understand and perform all procedures necessary to meet or exceed the sales.
- To supervise the loading and off-loading of stores in any designated port and securing all merchandise located in the shop or various store rooms.
- To ensure that all Work Registration Forms are completed correctly and handed in to the Chief Purser in a timely manner.
- To submit work orders when deficiencies are noted or when maintenance is required and to follow up on the work orders in a timely manner.
- To ensure that store rooms and lockers are kept clean, neat and tidy and according to Safety Rules and Regulations at all times.
- Assist in gangway duties and luggage handling.
- To ensure Health and Safety policy is adhered to;
- To complete a Work Registration Form correctly every week and submit to the Chief Purser in a timely manner.
- To adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures, Manuals and Directives.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned by the Provision Master, but not limited to the above.
- Process customer sales, damages, exchanges, credits, refunds, etc.,
- To conduct all accounting and record keeping activities related to the Shop operation on board, including handling of cash, balancing of shop sales, counting, receiving, and pricing of merchandise, documenting the off-loading or transferring of merchandise from the Gift shops.
- To ensure that all of the transactions done in the Shops are correct.
- To monitor and control the onboard revenue of the Shop Department.
- To ensure that Company property is maintained properly and treated with respect at all times.
• Inspect and ensure all personnel in the Department follow the Company's personal hygiene requirements.
• Prohibit and prevent Section personnel carrying cigarettes or cellular telephones at any time on duty.
- To ensure proper storage of all items in designated storage areas.
- To ensure that the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment in the Provision work areas is implemented at all times.
- To be familiar with Ship's Emergency plans
- To be familiar with Safe Working Practices
- Emergency Duties:
- To follow instructions on Safety Card.
- To participate in Guest/Crew Lifeboat Drills as per instructions.
- Other safety responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in a retail store or one (1) year experience onboard a cruise ship in a similar position.
- Extensive knowledge of store merchandising operations and presentation techniques.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, fluent in German Language
- Advanced language skills of charter client's passenger Nationalities (depending on vessel).
- Any additional foreign language skills are a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and public communication skills.
- Must have very good administrative skills (proficient in Microsoft Office). Knowledge in MXP / POS is a plus.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure.
- Must be service minded with an outgoing, charming, and friendly personality.
5.Team Communication and Meetings
- To attend meetings with Chief Purser and Hotel Manager on a regular basis.
6.Position Physical Requirements
The following physical requirements apply to this position:
• You must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 Kg.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• You must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills.
• Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of 'five C's': we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.