Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Animation and Recreation
Location : Worldwide, France
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 07 Feb 2022
Job Role : Spa Therapist
Recruiter : V Ships Leisure
Job Ref : HOZ14138
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2023-03-02
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
JOB TITLE: Spa & Beauty Therapist
DEPARTMENT: Spa & Wellness
REPORTS TO: Head Therapist - Spa Trainer
DIRECT REPORTS: None
We are now recruiting for Ladies and Gentlemen who are available to join in May 2022 & September 2022. At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The Spa & Beauty Therapist is responsible for ensuring that all guests receive Spa treatments and services in accordance with the Gold Standards and the Spa standard operating procedures. Massage treatments may include remedial, relaxation and other specific massage techniques or signature massages outlined in the Spa and Wellness Menu, if certified to perform such techniques. The Spa Therapist is also required to provide other beauty and body treatments including but not limited to facial treatments, nail services, scrubs, wraps and rituals outlined in the Spa and Wellness Menu, if qualified to do so and after successful completion of brand training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
01. Provides massage, body and facial / beauty treatments from the Spa Menu for guests onboard in accordance with the company's standards
02. Possesses thorough knowledge of the Spa Menu and retail products in order to assist guests by providing information and suggestions on all products and services within the Spa and Wellness Facilities
03. Conducts a thorough health and skincare consultation prior to each service in order to deliver a personalized experience for each guest. Confirms contra-indications, allergies or any other health-related conditions prior to providing each service
04. Provides confident post treatment care recommendations as well as offering support to guests within the retail area
05. Achieves individual and group targets in sales as required, as well as promoting the upselling of spa treatments, products, packages, special promotions and other events
06. Stays informed on the latest Spa and Wellness trends within luxury
07. Ensures confidentiality and discretion are always maintained regarding guest information and activities
08. Responds to issues or problems immediately and efficiently involving relevant Ladies and Gentlemen as required, as well as reports any challenges, complaints or service difficulties to the Spa Manager
09. Assists with Spa reception duties when required, including but not limited to guest check-in / check-out, enquiries, general reception duties and assisting with maintaining the Spa and Wellness facility
10. Ensures the treatment rooms, Spa and Wellness areas are fully operational and replenished as per brand standards, as well as clean, tidy and safe at all times
11. Cleans and sterilizes the work area as well as all tools and equipment following the public health and safety standards
12. Ensures adherence and compliance with all Public Health, safety and environmental regulations and all guidelines established by The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and USPH standards
13. Monitors the status of all spa equipment, tools and venue and immediately notifies the Spa Manager if there is any maintenance or repair required
14. Ensures Spa Manager is informed about stock levels and leads by example when it comes to product usage and cost control procedures
01. Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
02. An internationally accredited Diploma / Certification in Massage Therapy and Beauty Therapy from a recognized facility
03. ITEC, CIBTAC, CIDESCO or NVQ Diploma / Certification is preferred
04. Minimum of two (2) years' experience working as a Spa / Massage Therapist and Beauty Therapy from a recognized facility
05. Superior knowledge and experience in Spa and Luxury hotels and / or luxury cruise industry preferred
06. Excellent knowledge of anatomy, physiology and skincare
07. Strong, primary focus on the health and wellness with the ability to recommend and confidently talk about guest requirements
08. Exceptional customer service and communication skills, friendly and approachable. Excellent team player. Sales experience and a luxury approach to sales
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests' expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of 'five C's': we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.