WELCOME TO V.SHIPS LEISURE!V.Ships Leisure provides recruitment services to the cruiseline, ferry and yacht industry worldwide.We are proud to work with all sizes of vessel from the largest cruise lines offering great facilities and unique positions to the smallest luxury vessels sailing to the most remote ports, providing exceptional opportunities to travel.Our dedicated global recruitment team are cruise ship experienced and are passionate in helping hospitality professionals gain their next career move. We offer a free, personalised service and our careful pre-selection process enables us to matching your requirements with our clients needs.Whilst we provide potential employers with tailored recruitment solutions, we pride ourselves in being able to offer successful candidates unique and exciting employment opportunities.Best Ships. Best Career Opportunities. Best Adventures.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : Animation and Recreation
Location : Worldwide, France
Level : Management
Posted : 07 Feb 2022
Job Role : Spa Manager
Recruiter : V Ships Leisure
Job Ref : HOZ94528
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-07-23
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
JOB TITLE: Spa Manager
DEPARTMENT: Spa & Wellness
REPORTS TO: Hotel Director
DIRECT REPORTS: Head Therapist/Spa Trainer, Fitness Instructor, Hair Stylist and Barber
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The Spa Manager is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Spa and Wellness facilities and must ensure the successful service delivery of the Gold Standards, upholding its world-renowned brand reputation whilst creating a positive and memorable guest experience. The Manager is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the guests, brand partners and Ladies and Gentlemen, including outstanding guest satisfaction and service standards. The Spa Manager is required to achieve annual revenue targets while ensuring that all operating costs are in line with the forecasted budgets. This leader will ensure a balance of leading, mentoring and coaching the Spa Ladies and Gentlemen to meet and exceed revenue targets including retail, while always prioritizing the guest experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
01. Oversees the daily operations of all Spa and Wellness facilities, including the handling of Guest Services and complaints
02. Leads and motivates the Ladies and Gentlemen of the Spa and Wellness team
03. Assists with the Spa reception duties, which include check-in, inventory, cleanliness, retail, embarkation/disembarkation, etc.
04. Closely monitors the financial performance of the Spa and Wellness operations, providing solutions to improve problem areas and assisting in implementing corrective measures
05. Develops and implements Spa promotions and strategies to achieve performance targets, with prior approval from the Hotel Director. Works with Spa partners to identify opportunities for increased training for both service and revenue streams
06. Holds full knowledge of all Spa menu and retail products, and ensures the Ladies and Gentlemen are fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of the Spa services, products, programs, and activities
07. Responds to issues or problems immediately and efficiently involving relevant Ladies and Gentlemen as required, as well as reports any challenges, complaints or service difficulties to the Hotel Director
08. Ensures confidentiality and discretion are maintained at all times regarding guest information and activities
09. Ensure all risks and hazards or incidents are immediately addressed, reported, investigated and agreed corrective actions implemented and reviewed for their effectiveness in accordance with the Shipboard Executive Committee
10. Stays informed of the latest Spa and Wellness trends
11. Ensures adherence and compliance with all Public Health, Safety and Environmental regulations and all guidelines established by The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and USPH standards
01. Models and holds others accountable for promoting the Gold Standards, respect and fair treatment
02. Ensures the Daily execution of Line-up in accordance with company standards and Brand Guidelines
03. Sets the department's expectations for desired behavior, knowledge and skill levels
04. Coaches others by providing constructive feedback; helps others identify developmental needs and monitors progress; promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included
05. Demonstrates alignment with corporate strategies and initiatives while ensuring alignment throughout the yacht organization
01. Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
02. Post-Secondary education in a relevant field
03. Minimum of five (5) years Luxury Spa Management Experience
04. Superior knowledge and experience in Spa and Luxury hotels and / or luxury cruise industry preferred
05. Experience in business planning and sales
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests' expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of 'five C's': we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.