WELCOME TO V.SHIPS LEISURE!V.Ships Leisure provides recruitment services to the cruiseline, ferry and yacht industry worldwide.We are proud to work with all sizes of vessel from the largest cruise lines offering great facilities and unique positions to the smallest luxury vessels sailing to the most remote ports, providing exceptional opportunities to travel.Our dedicated global recruitment team are cruise ship experienced and are passionate in helping hospitality professionals gain their next career move. We offer a free, personalised service and our careful pre-selection process enables us to matching your requirements with our clients needs.Whilst we provide potential employers with tailored recruitment solutions, we pride ourselves in being able to offer successful candidates unique and exciting employment opportunities.Best Ships. Best Career Opportunities. Best Adventures.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : Engineering
Location : Worldwide, France
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 07 Feb 2022
Job Role : AC Technician
Recruiter : V Ships Leisure
Job Ref : HOZ67624
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-07-26
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
We're looking for Wipers for Celebrity Cruises.
Celebrity Cruises places the highest value on the environment, and all employees shall do the same. Those assigned to this position shall work with superiors and subordinates to understand and comply with the company's environmental policies and be committed to safeguarding the environment. He shall directly and immediately inform his immediate superior if any environmental system does not function properly.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Celebrity Cruises expects each shipboard employee to consistently exemplify the principles of the STAR Program's Credo to all team members. In addition, all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, Environmental, and Safety policies. Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and throughout the ship. It is every employee's responsibility to conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crewmember areas.
1. Celebrity Cruises places the highest value on the environment and all Crewmembers shall do the same. This position shall work with supervisors and subordinates to understand and comply with the company's environmental policies and be committed to safeguarding the environment. He/shall direct and immediately inform his/her immediate supervisor if any environmental system does not function properly onboard.
2. The wipers would participate in keeping the engine spaces and related areas clean and tidy at all times, including washing. They should also be able to participate in maintenance work, particularly related to sanitatizing equipment, under supervision.
3. The wiper is responsible for the cleanliness, sanitization, and elimination of pests in the garbage area, garbage cold storage room, and cooking oil tank room.
4. Monitor and Operation of the incinerator plant and all related equipment, including ash vacuum transport and packaging system. Also maintains and cleans the incinerator room and pulper room machinery spaces. The wiper will report any issues or conditions to the engineer or duty.
5. Ensures all garbage handling equipment such as shredders, conveyers, compactors, incinerators, refrigerators for garbage, pulper system, drains, pumps and pipes are in good working order and in an operational condition at all times. If inoperative, reports condition to the assigned Engineer. Also ensures that all garbage handling equipment and decks in the garbage area are clean, sanitized and painted at all times.
6. Changes the water in pulper systems daily and log times when water has been changed and when the system has been cleaned.
7. Keeps all sensors, firefighting equipment as well as all the environmental machinery free of dirt.
8. At the completion of the segregation operation, wash and rinse all the plastic containers and the garbage bins that are in the area
9. Performs washing and painting jobs in the waste handling areas, painting at the accommodation areas, as well as participates in maintenance work as directed by superiors.
10. Garbage sorting of glass, metal tins and aluminum cans. Metal tins shall be compacted and stored in the cold garbage storeroom. Aluminum cans shall be compacted and bagged for recycling at the designated ports, and shall also be stored in the cold garbage storeroom. The crushed glass should be sanitized with MicroBac III or chlorine solution, covered with plastic membrane, and also stored in the cold garbage storeroom.
11. Reports the names of crewmembers delivering improperly segregated garbage bags to the segregation room to the assigned Engineer or to the Environmental Officer of the vessel. Ensures segregation begin at the source and not at the incinerator room.
12. Ensures proper segregation of all garbage delivered at the time of delivery following company policy. He will make sure that no garbage bags are stored in the garbage treatment area, no garbage bags are thrown on the shredder without thorough checking and immediately eliminate the volume of the garbage bags by separating them into the big, plastic containers using the following color code: Yellow - wet garbage such as food waste Red - burnable waste such as paper, plastic and non-degradable food waste Gray - glass Green/blue - recyclable metal tins and aluminum cans
13. Must be well knowledgeable in the use of all electric forklifts.
14. Responsible for providing record keeping information to the appropriate officer regarding garbage that has been incinerated or landed in port, and any food waste discharges at sea. Assists the Environmental Officer with garbage off-loading in port
15. Wiper must always wear the proper PPE while carrying out their duties. Individual is also to ensure that all persons working in the garbage area wear protected gear properly.
16. Ensures that relevant signs are posted and advance notice is given when maintenance, repair or cleaning operations will take place to preclude waste being brought down during these times.
17. Will be in charge of the discharge of food waste that cannot be incinerated or chopped through the food waste pulpers. (Only for the ships that still operate the chute for waste food only).
18. Monitors and makes sure that all the service galley and restaurant materials must be separated, counted and returned to the Crew dishwasher station.
19. Ensures large materials such as metal doors, cupboards, unserviceable galley equipment, spares, ropes or wires etc., are never left in the provision areas or in any other areas of the ship without prior contact of the Environmental Officer regarding when and how they will be off-loaded. Crewmembers may only be able to bring large materials for offloading to the garbage room.
20. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Financial Responsibilities: The position is responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling and maintenance of chemicals, supplies and equipment.
Motivational Responsibilities: The position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum hiring, language and physical requirements to perform the job.
Hiring Requirements: Must have practical knowledge of incinerator equipment operation. Previous experience with passenger ships or any other ships 400 GT or higher capacity is preferred Must hold a completed firefighting training, life saving training, life-boatman certification, certificate and completed personal responsibilities under emergency circumstances training for passenger ships in accordance with STCW 95 for seafarers.
Language Requirements: Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests. Knowledge of other languages a plus. Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to
give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Contracts are generally around 8 months on board, with a 2 month (unpaid) vacation, with opportunities to return for further contracts.
To be considered for this role, you must have an intermediate (or higher) level of English, and your interview will take place in English, via Video Link.
Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German is preferred.
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of 'five C's': we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.