Industry : Other Industry
Department : Engineering
Location : Worldwide, France
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 04 Jul 2022
Job Role : AC Technician
Recruiter : V Ships Leisure
Job Ref : HOZ4576
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-09-16
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
We are looking for several WIPERS ready to join cruise vessel WORLD EXPLORER in PORTUGAL.
Salary in Euro/per month worked on board ( to be advised upon interview ), Contract 6 months +/-1, Embarkation ASAP
Required: experienced as such, all valid Certificates including certificates for Pax ships as per STCW Reg.V/2, preferably holds valid CoP as per STCW Reg.III/4
NOTE: all ratings on board are in shared cabins ( Wiper is in 4 men cabin)
The Wiper reports to 1st Engineer for daily routines and the EOOW, for watch keeping.
Delegated authority by the First Engineer / EOOW to execute assigned responsibilities.
Functions and Responsibility
The Wiper functions and responsibility shall include, but not be limited to:
• To perform repair and maintenance work according to demands and instructions given by the First
• To assist Engine Room watches as instructed by the EOOW and carry out operational and
maintenance work within the engine department as required.
• To participate in safety training and emergency drills, and to familiarize himself with the location, layout
and use of safety installations and equipment.
• Before proceeding ashore, check with the ECR as per standing order with regard to duty watch levels.
• To ensure that critical or special work such as entry into enclosed spaces, hot work, and work aloft is not
undertaken without inspection, approval and issue of work permit signed by the First Engineer. Inform if
hazards, deficiencies, and non-conformances observed.
• To execute assigned tasks in conformance with safe work procedures in accordance with given
V. Group is the leading global maritime agency with a pool of 44,000 active seafarers and approximately 3,000 shore colleagues. We represent in excess of 300 global client businesses who have engaged our management services for around 1,000 vessels.
At V. Group, our ambition is straightforward - to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine crew supply/management services.
Our values comprise of 'five C's': we Care, we Collaborate, we Challenge, we are Consistent, and we Commit and Deliver, these values are central to our business and remain embedded in to our service output.
We aim to be an industry leader, challenging the parameters of best practice and shaping the future of Marine Operations.
As a strictly compliant global leader in marine services, V. Group will not request any fees or compensation for our services from seafarers. Please be aware of any illegal recruitment services and crewing representatives attempting to act on our behalf.