Invite for Worldchefs Congress & Expo 2026 to Your Country: Open for Bidding
The Global Culinary Communities can participate in this major international event to showcase their country's cuisines and chef talent
Invite the Worldchefs Congress & Expo 2026 to Your Country: Open for Bidding
- The World Association of Chefs’ Societies (Worldchefs) has opened the bidding process to host the 2026 Worldchefs Congress & Expo.
- The major international event captures the interest of the global culinary community, providing a unique opportunity for countries to showcase their cuisines and chef talent, boost tourism, and build future trade links.
- Interested parties can download the Call for Interest Package here. The deadline to submit a letter of Interest to host the 2026 Worldchefs Congress & Expo is 15 September 2022.
Since 1928, the biennial Worldchefs Congress & Expo has united a global community of chefs and cross-industry innovators to explore the past, present, and future of the culinary profession. The major international event captures the interest of the global culinary community, providing a unique opportunity for countries to showcase their cuisines and chef talent, boost tourism, and build future trade links.
“This is a thrilling opportunity not to be missed,” says Worldchefs Congress Committee Chairman Andy Cuthbert. “Hosting a Worldchefs Congress increases the prestige and awareness of a country’s culinary traditions and has huge potential for driving tourism. We look forward to reviewing the submissions from our National Chef Association members.”
National Chef Associations representing Worldchefs’ international membership of more than 100 countries are invited to submit a bid to host the Worldchefs Congress & Expo in cooperation with their national tourism and convention bureau. Interested parties can download the Call for Interest Package here, with the below application and decision timeline:
- 15 September 2022: Deadline to submit a Letter of Interest
- 30 September 2022: Announcement of short-listed candidates
- 30 October 2022: Deadline to submit a Bid Application
- 15 January 2023 (TBC): Date of online voting; Bid Presentation and Final Decision
Applications are open to active Worldchefs National Association members with the endorsement of their country’s tourism and trade events agency. The winning bid will be determined by a vote by Worldchefs’ members.
Worldchefs Congress & Expo is a hallmark tradition of Worldchefs, and has been organized in 39 cities around the world throughout its 94-year industry-shaping history. The four-day forum brings together delegates from across the five continents to network and expand their professional bonds. The unique program delivers presentations and workshops from leading experts in the hospitality industry, impactful educational programs including the Worldchefs Educators’ Forum, specialized events designed to uplift the next generation of chefs such as the Bill Gallagher Young Chefs Forum, the prestigious Global Chefs Challenge culinary competition, an international trade exhibition, and diverse activities to enhance both personal and professional networks.
“Congress brings together chefs from all around the globe. As we begin the bidding process, we hope many member countries seize the chance to bid for this important event,” says Worldchefs President Thomas Gugler. “The culinary world will be watching and waiting for the next great city to host the 2026 Worldchefs Congress & Expo.” The 2024 Worldchefs Congress & Expo will be held in Singapore, hosted by the Singapore Chefs Association.