Last updated: February 16, 2020
Hozpitality is a place that empowers people to share and grow the world’s knowledge. We believe if people don’t feel safe, they can’t contribute to knowledge or listen to another person’s point of view. The following rules help everyone on Hozpitality have a safe experience
SOME IMPORTANT GUIDELINES TO FOLLOW:
No Inappropriate Content. Please keep all content you post in Hozpitality including Discussions/Blogs/Videos/Photos and comments focused on Hospitality Industry. Content that is NOT APPROPRIATE on Hozpitality includes, but is not limited to, advertising, material copyrighted by someone who isn't you, any content that is vulgar or obscene or contains adult themes or images, including sexual commentary or imagery. You should post content owned by you only as per the copyright act and the source should be mentioned on the content clearly if needed. Abusive language, name-calling, insults, harassment, spamming, flaming, baiting and/or personal attacks will not be tolerated. Further, members are prohibited from making posts or comments that encourage this type of behaviour. Hozpitality reserves the right to take appropriate measures, including deleting content, blocking any member from posting to our site and/or revoking the membership for any behaviour we determine to be damaging to our community.
This is Not a Dating Site. If you're looking to find a date, or a mate, or anything of that sort, this is not the place to do it. No erotic, suggestive, or pornographic content will be permitted. It is inappropriate to use this site as a way to make romantic connections. There are sites designed for that, please use them, and do not behave as if this is one of those sites. If you do, we will remove you from our membership.
The following Terms of Service apply to your use of this Network. You are solely responsible for your conduct and your content on the Network and compliance with these terms. By registering with us or using or browsing this Network, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms. This Network is not directed to anyone younger than 18 and is offered only to users 18 years of age or older. Any person who provides their personal information through this Network represents that they are 18 years of age or older.
You agree that you will not post, email or make available any content or use this Network:
- 1. In a manner that infringes, violates or misappropriates any third party's intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights or contractual rights;
- 2. In a manner that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- 3. To engage in spamming, "chain letters," "pyramid schemes", advertisement of illegal or controlled products or services, or other advertising or marketing activities that violate these Terms of Service, any applicable laws, regulations or generally accepted advertising industry guidelines;
- 4. In a manner that is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent or otherwise illegal or promotes illegal activities, including engaging in phishing or otherwise obtaining financial or other personal information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes;
- 5. In a manner that is libellous or defamatory, or in a way that is otherwise threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or invasive of another's privacy;
- 6. In a manner that is harmful to minors in any way;
- 7. In a manner that is hateful or discriminatory based on race, color, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age or is otherwise objectionable;
- 8. To impersonate any other person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or to obtain access to this Network without authorization;
- 9. To interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Network or prevent others from using this Network, or in a manner that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to this Network, or that otherwise negatively affects other persons' ability to use this Network;
- 10. To use any manual or automated means, including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access or manage any user's account or to monitor or copy this Network or the content contained therein;
- 11. To facilitate the unlawful distribution of copyrighted content;
- 12. In a manner that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent;
- 13. To facilitate the unlawful distribution of copyrighted content;
- 14. In a manner that employs misleading email or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through this Network or to users; and
- 15. In a manner that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if emailed to users who have requested not to be contacted about other services, products or commercial interests.
- 16. "Stalk" or otherwise harass anyone;
- 17. Collect, use or disclose data, including personal information, about other users without their consent or for unlawful purposes or in violation of applicable law or regulations;
- 18. Request, solicit or otherwise obtain access to usernames, passwords or other authentication credentials from any member of this Network or to proxy authentication credentials for any member of this Network for the purposes of automating logins to this Network;
- 19. Post any content containing child pornography to this Network;
- 20. Post any content that depicts or contains rape, extreme violence, murder, bestiality, incest, or other similar content;
- 21. Post any content that constitutes pornography, contains nudity, or is adult in nature.
- 22. Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from this Network - except for Internet search engines (e.g. Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g. archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file, or "well-behaved" web services/RSS/Atom clients. We reserve the right to define what we mean by "well-behaved";
- 23. Post irrelevant content, repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Network's infrastructure;
- 24. Attempt to gain unauthorized access to our computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, this Network;
- 25. Use this Network as a generic file hosting service;
- 26. Take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information off of this Network or for using it for purposes unrelated to this Network); and
- 27. Develop, invoke, or utilize any code to disrupt, diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of this Network.
You agree not to authorize or encourage any third party to use this Network to facilitate any of the foregoing prohibited conduct. You also agree that these Network Terms of Service inure to the benefit of our service providers (including our Network platform provider) and that they may take action (including the removal of your content and disabling of your account) in order to maintain compliance with these Network Terms of Service. Technology and hosting for aspects of this Network are provided by this Network's online service provider. However, the Network Creator of this Network controls the content, membership and policy of this Network, including those pages served by such service provider on behalf of this Network. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, by participating on this Network you agree to indemnify and hold harmless such service provider on all matters related to your interaction with others using this Network and participation with this Network.
Be Nice, Be Respectful:
Follow Hozpitality's Be Nice, Be Respectful policy (“BNBR”), which includes the following:
- 1. Engage with Others in a Constructive Way. Assume everyone on Hozpitality is here to make the platform a great resource with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and opinions. It is OK to disagree, but please be civil, respectful, and considerate to other posters.
- 2. No Hate Speech. Hozpitality is a place for civil discourse and does not tolerate content that attacks or disparages an individual or group based on race, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, political group, sexual orientation or another similar characteristic. Any generalizations about these topics should be phrased as neutrally as possible.
- 3. No Harassment and Bullying. Abusive behavior directed towards private individuals is not allowed. Repeated and unwanted contact constitutes a form of harassment. Content should not make threats against others or advocate violence, including self-harm.
Respect the Rights of Others:
- 1. Identity and Deceptive Activity. Your Hozpitality profile should use your real name or legally incorporated business name and use accurate and truthful credentials. Do not use Hozpitality to impersonate another person, act as another entity without authorization, or create multiple accounts.
- 2. Intellectual Property and Personal Rights. Do not post content that infringes any intellectual property or personal right of another party. Writing taken from another source should be properly attributed and block quoted.
Respect the Hozpitality Platform:
- 1. No Spam. Do not use Hozpitality to post or attract spam.
- 2. No Malicious or Illegal Activity. Do not contribute viruses, malware, and other malicious programs or engage in activity that harms or interferes with the operation of Hozpitality or seeks to circumvent security or authentication measures. Do not use Hozpitality to engage in unlawful activity or to promote illegal acts.
- 3. Abide by Other Hozpitality Policies. Follow Hozpitality’s other policies, which Hozpitality may add or change from time to time.
If you see something on Hozpitality that you believe violates our guidelines or policies, please report it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org Violating the Acceptable Use Policy may result in the removal of content, or in the limitation or termination of a user’s access to Hozpitality.