Fairmont The Palm
As a Room Service Order Taker you are responsible to co-ordinate all service requirements addressed to Room Service department, Primarily responsible for guest orders from room via phone .Also punches the food and beverage orders on to the Point of Sales systems like Micros POS. He / she should also coordinate guest amenities and organizes guest table pick-ups on completion of meals in a timely manner.
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids' Club.
- Is responsible for answering all telephone calls and prioritizing said calls.
- Must have very good telephone etiquettes.
- Is directly involved in the order taking and order placing process while dealing with guest requests and orders, courteously, efficiently and promptly.
- Should have good knowledge of room service menu's and ongoing promotions in other F&B outlet.
- Should be able to provide recommendations and suggestions to guests upon request.
- Is knowledgeable of all services, facilities and products offered by the hotel.
- Considers the satisfaction of all guests by ensuring prompt, courteous and efficient service at all times.
- Displays excellent conversation skills and selling techniques at all times.
- Pays attention to guest orders, and know the menu thoroughly.
- Writes down all information's clearly. Highlight special requests.
- Communicates with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability.
- Informs the guest of approximate delivery time according to time evaluation system established by the Outlet Manager and the Sous Chef.
- If the order has not been sent, up by this time, calls the guest to apologies and re-evaluate the delivery time.
- Ensures correct posting in POS system for communication to the service and kitchen department.
- Is able to perform all duties and tasks per the tasks required at the outlet.
- Assists the department to drive guest satisfaction by providing consistent guest experiences.
- Coordinates with Room Service Waiter/ Waitress, Supervisor & Minibar Attendant.
- Reports positive and constructive guest feedback to the manager.
- Promptly handles guest queries, complaints and all issues in a professional manner.
- Has the knowledge and understanding to explain and perform upselling all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives or suggestions to guests.
- Ensures proper handover is given to the next shift.
- Reports cleanliness and maintenance issues to the immediate supervisor.
- Assists in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment
- Ensures that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Ensures proper appearance and grooming while on duty.
- Performs any other assigned reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Previous experience in the role is a must
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS