Hotels & Resorts
Finance and Accounts
Lake Louise, Canada
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Accounting Manager
Fairmont ChÃ¢teau Lake Louise
The Finance Department of the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is looking for a dynamic, organized and collaborative team player who is passionate about working with, coaching and developing the accounting team. This role requires proficiency in Accounts Payable, General Cashiering, Banking/Treasury, overall accounting balance sheet reconciliation and managing the daily accounting operation, while ensuring adherence to standards required by corporate policies.
Hotel Overview: Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Accounting, responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Assist in financially related activities of the hotel which includes banking/cash management, general cashier, accounts payable, credit and accounts receivable, food and beverage cost control, labor analysis, and accounts reconciliations
- Verify the accuracy of all Income Audit transactions, banking and ensure daily revenue and rebate summary is reconciled.
- Co-ordinate and ensure that all daily management reports are issued on a timely and accurate basis.
- Maintenance of proper books of account and supporting data as a basis for preparation of the financial operating and statistical statements and reports required for the hotel tenants on operational costs and lease payments.
- Prepares the completion of financial statements, management reports and monthly P&L, according to Corporate timetable and due dates
- Complete and verify account analysis for all Food and Beverage inventories and expense valuation; work with procurement system (Birchstreet) to check for accuracy/consistency
- Actively participate with month-end close activities: preparation of monthly journal; responsible for month end related deadlines and schedules. May be required to work extended hours and flexible schedule at month end
- Assist in the preparation of month-end balance sheet account reconciliation and analysis in conjunction with the Centralized Accounting Service Delivery team
- Analyze and review trends related to operating techniques, ensuring optimum utilization of resources and finance effectiveness
- Assist in the creation of the Annual Operating Budget and Strategic Plan, and Monthly Rolling Operating Forecast
- Assist in the integration of hotel and accounting technology systems (i.e. POS credit card interface) including software applications, current and future
- Lead and develop Accounting employees and encourage ongoing cross-training and development benefiting the synergy for both colleagues and operations team
- Assist the finance team in ensuring that accounting staff understand and follow applicable policies and procedures outlined in the hotel Finance & Accounting Policies and Procedures Manual
- Assist in safe keeping of all lease and contracts and any other legal records and documents, which may affect the financial status of the hotel. Such documents are to be listed and kept current on the Critical Date List
- Assist in the effective utilization and integration of hotel and accounting technology systems (i.e. POS credit card interface), including software applications, current and future
- All Other duties as assigned
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- University/College Degree in Business, Finance/Accounting, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- 2+ years management/progressive work related experience in multiple areas of accounting and previous hotel experience at a supervisory/managerial level an asset
- Experience with accounting systems (i.e. Birchstreet procurement software, Sun GFS back of the house, Watson labor management tool) and hotel operating systems such as POS software (i.e. Silverware) and Opera PMS an asset
- Excellent administrative, interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills and excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel in particular) required
- Self-motivating and have a high degree of analytical ability and confidentiality, and work in a safe, prudent and organized matter
- Willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent sitting throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization. APPLY TODAY:
Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist! ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!