Job Description For Amaya Host
Fairmont Grand Del Mar
Amaya Restaurant Host
The Host will greet and assist guests in a positive, polite and professional manner. They will also maintain a proactive approach to solving any guest's questions or problems. The Host will anticipate guests' needs, and respond appropriately with a sense of urgency.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities. The sky is your limit
Your experience and skills include:
- Display a congenial appearance and is well groomed at all times.
- Communicate all reservations and guest comments to management and servers.
- Welcoming guests to restaurant.
- Coordinating the seating of guests and managing reservations.
- Answer all phone calls received at the hostess stand.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of hostess stand and entryway.
- Oversee maintenance of all Reservation and Hostess equipment, software and supplies.
- Communication of guest profile and expectations is essential to relay forward to servers and management.
- Perform general clerical tasks including utilization of Open Table.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Food Handlers Card required.
- High School graduate
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must possess basic math skills and the ability to use a calculator.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to solve problems and make rational decisions.
- Knowledge of Restaurant operations, its services, and facilities.
- Must have superior guest service abilities as well as a complete understanding of California serving guidelines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Your team and working environment
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by Restaurant environmental systems.
- Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to multi-task in a calm manner on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill daily tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, walking, repetitive motions, bending, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.
Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego.Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Fairmont Grand Del Mar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/