Hotels & Resorts
Kohala Coast, United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Area Director, Group Sales - Fairmont Orchid & Fairmont Kea Lani
Fairmont Orchid - Hawaii
Area Director, Group Sales - Fairmont Orchid & Fairmont Kea Lani
Through your passion and motivation, you sell memorable experiences to clients and guests who stay in your properties. You are professional and knowledgeable about your resorts, and you build strong relationships and create bond with your customers. You will lead a team of experienced group sellers for Fairmont Hotels Hawai'i and have the group room revenue responsibility for Fairmont Orchid and Fairmont Kea Lani. This position will be based on property at Fairmont Orchid, Island of Hawai'i.
What is in it for you?
What you will be doing:
- Experience the beauty, culture and adventures that await on Hawai'i Island
- Competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full-time permanent status
- 401(k)/retirement savings plan and matching program
- Life insurance
- Opportunities to grow from obtaining professional development through Accor's exclusive online learning platform
- Duty meal in our staff cafeteria
- Employee Travel Program
- Complimentary access to our fitness center
- Discounts on food & beverage, retail and spa services
Your experience and skills include:
- Oversee the group sales activities for both resorts and builds out the group sales strategies
- Ensure revenue maximization
- Collaborate with Accor Global Sales, Hawaii CVB, ALHI and other strategic partners to drive lead volume and conversion.
- Participate in annual budget, monthly forecasting, weekly revenue strategy and individual goal setting
- Lead and maximize performance of the group sales teams at Fairmont Kea Lani and Fairmont Orchid, including sellers and administrative team
- Active participation and support of the on-property client experience including exceptional site visits
- Support of existing client relationships and helps building out new business opportunities
- Solicit group business for own assigned market, and reach consistent achievement of sales objectives
- Establish parameters, quotes and negotiate prices and seal contracts
- Participate in tradeshows, conventions and promotional events
- Maintain accounts, contact, activity and business details
Your team and working environment:
- Minimum of 5 years hotel group sales director experience required, with minimum of 2 years Hawai'i hotels sales preferred
- 2 or more years of experience in senior sales leadership role in luxury hotel environment
- Multi-property/complex sales experience preferred
- Ability to provide strategic direction and support for sales managers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and knowledge of hotel sales systems, such as Delphi and/or Opera S&C.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- This position will be based on property at Fairmont Orchid and remote work is not an option.
- You will lead a team of 6 senior professionals in group sales and 4 administrative support team members based out of Fairmont Orchid, Fairmont Kea Lani or in market.
Must be legally eligible to work in the United States. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining U.S. work authorization. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS