Hotels & Resorts
Finance and Accounts
Gold Coast, Australia
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Assistant Accountant
Gold Coast Regional Office
Accor is a world leader in the hotel industry, present in 110 countries, with more than 5,000 hotels and 10,000 restaurants and bars. The group deploys an integrated hotel ecosystem that is among the most diversified in the sector, notably associating luxury and high-end brands, mid-range and economic offers, exclusive lifestyle concepts, venues for shows and entertainment, clubs, restaurants and bars, private residences, shared accommodation, concierge services and co-working spaces. Accor thus has a portfolio of incomparable brands, led by more than 300,000 employees around the world. More than 65 million members benefit from the group's complete loyalty program, ALL - Accor Live Limitless.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an Assistant Accountant to join our team based at our Gold Coast Office. This position is responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the Accounts department, and to provide training, support and guidance to Accounts Team Members.
Getting to know the role and your responsibilities:
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Providing properties with finance related support including preparing P&L, conducting property AR review, reconciling banking and review and align property policy and procedure against trust compliance.
- Preparing end of month reports
- Preparing bank reconciliations and balance sheet reconciliations for the relevant entities where properties are reporting under.
- Preparing bank reconciliations and balance sheet reconciliations for any additional entities as required.
- Ensuring the asset register is maintained and kept up to date.
- Ensuring accuracy of BAS reporting.
- Preparing a variety of invoices and ensuring timely collectability.
- Ad-hoc other admin duties.
- Assisting the Finance Manager and other accountants as required.
In return for your energy, hard work and sense of fun, we offer you...
- A relevant degree in accounting or finance, working towards CPA or CA qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years commercial accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge of Great Plains, Hirum and Sihot would be advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience being proactive essential, along with the ability to build relationships
- Exceptional attention to detail with a strong desire to learn
- Discounted rates at all of our hotels, resorts and apartments worldwide
- Fantastic discounts with Commercial Partners ie JB HIFI, BUPA and many more!
- Structured, ongoing, goal driven learning and training for your personal development
- We're one of the largest accommodation providers in Australia and we're still growing!
- Gain amazing exposure working for a leader in the industry
- Career progression and diversification will be a dream with the hundreds of properties in our portfolio
Apply now to begin your journey!
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learn more about Accor - Follow ALL-Accor Live Limitless @all.pacific
Work your way across the Pacific and find other opportunities - www.jobsataccor.com.au
To see what our team are up to connect with us at @KeepUpWithAccor on Instagram, Accor Careers Pacific on Facebook and LinkedIn .