Hotels & Resorts
Medina, Saudi Arabia
Job Role :
Assistant Chief Engineer
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Assistant Chief Engineering
Shahd Al Madinah Hotel
Asst. Chief Engineering
We are looking for a professional Asst chief Engineering who will be supervising the physical plant of the building - Boilers, Chillers, Heating, Cooling, Rooms Maintenance, Equipment Maintenance, as well as resolving guest issues. You will perform highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain the property's facilities and equipment to ensure a safe and functional environment for the guests.
What is in it for you?
What you will be doing:
- ALL Heartist benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
Experience and skills include:
- To have a complete understanding of and to adhere to policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To oversee all technical installations on hotel plant, Sewage system, Fresh water, Emergency Generator, Air Condition System, Technical building Services, Kitchen equipment, Cooling systems, hotel lighting, in-house Music & TV system and Paging system.
- To ensure a consistently high standard of grooming is followed by self and team
- Have full knowledge of all products and services provided by the property and in the local area
- Provides solutions for emergency situations and problems of a larger nature in consultation with the Director of Engineering.
- To lead and support employees in the achievement of financial, operational and service delivery targets via effective organizational policy and procedural development and appropriate colleague training activities
- Plan and execute regular technical skills training for the team
- Takes the responsibility for all work executed, by employees or external contractors on the building, plants or technical installations to ensure the quality of craftsmanship of all work carried out by team and contractors meets the hotel's standards.
- Fully investigates and keeps the Director of Engineering informed, of any internal disputes or guest complaints.
- Plan and allocate duties for all Engineering Staff in line with the operational requirements
- Supervise the completion departmental works to ensure they are completed according to hotel standards.
- To lead daily Engineering briefings and monthly employee meetings
- Manage any necessary modifications and improvements of the plant room equipment.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Design and implement a monthly report of works carried out, machines maintained, special events, reports, consumption of energy and water, to be presented to the Director of Engineering & the General Manager.
- Files and monitors all maintenance contracts and consults / advises the Director of Engineering & General Manager as needed.
- Is aware of all agreements/laws with local authorities, insurance companies, external firms, contractors and suppliers, to control their work and invoices.
Your team and working environment:
- Graduate of a degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or any related field.
- Professional License (Passed Board/Professional License Exam), Engineering (Mechanical / Electrical) is an advantage.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant experience as Duty Engineer in a luxury hotel.
- Strong background in operation and maintenance of chiller and voltage switchgears.
- Must be self-started and motivator
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be team oriented with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have an eye for detail and a passion for guest service
- Ability to constantly stand and walk throughout shift
- Strong attention to detail, Highly responsible, organized & reliable
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team while setting and completing individual deadlines
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Sofitel Shahd Al-madinah boasts a landmark location in the center of Madinah, a short walk from the northern entrance of the Al-Masjid an-Nabawi. The property features 469 keys, including the most luxurious suite in Madinah, two- and three-bedroom suites, Three dining outlets, an executive lounge, two meeting rooms and a fitness center with a gym, stand out as a beacon of modern luxury and French savoir-faire, blending the brand's unique sense of joie de vivre with the very best of the local. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world; dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS.