We are a worldwide Augmented Hospitality leader. We are 300,000 experts committed to reinventing hospitality with unique and unrivalled experiences within our addresses. We are Accor. Our promise is caring and impeccable service. We nurture real passion for service and achievement beyond limits. Our mission is to make the impossible possible to realize your dreams. We’re so much more than hotels—we’re creating innovative lifestyle experiences, whether you live, work or play. Blaze your own trail from 50+ hotel brands, restaurants, nightclubs, spas, co-working spaces, and tech start-ups.
Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Kitchen Stewarding
Location : Baie Sainte Anne/Seychelles
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 12 May 2022
Job Role : Food & Beverage Steward
Recruiter : Accor Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ62527
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-06-09
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Baie Sainte Anne
Raffles Hotels & Resort is a collection of award-winning luxury hotels located in vibrant destinations around the world. It is part of AccorHotels brands, which offers unique moments and diverse experiences in more than 4.100 addresses throughout 95 countries. From luxury to economy, each hotel shares a common, well-being and warm welcome.
Raffles Seychelles offers spectacular colleague accommodation, accompanied by world class facilities, transportation, uniforms, meals and boat tickets to and from Praslin/Mahé. The Resort features 86 luxurious villas, the award-winning Raffles Spa as well as several stylish and unique dining options.
We offer excellent career development and growth opportunities for our colleagues who have the talent, dedication, drive and passion to be part of a leading global luxury hospitality brand.
Position: Assistant Chief Steward
Reports to: Chief Steward
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for all aspects of managing cleanliness the kitchen area and stewarding personnel, ensuring the quality of the cleanliness, proper handling of chemical and storage of all chinaware, cutleries, kitchen utensil and equipment, and banquet items in accordance with standards
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Safety and Security
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g.evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors/Managers.
- Attends scheduled training
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Standard Specification
- Adhere to hotel specifications and standards in operating the dishwashing machine to wash designated restaurant and kitchenware's, setting up banqueting buffet, ensuring that all silverware to be use must be well polish. To clean and maintain all buffet glass top before set up equipment and dishwashing/kitchen/cafeteria/compactor/storage areas.
- Assist in washing pots, pans and other kitchen utensils/equipment. Complete other special cleaning
- projects as assigned.
- Must consistently achieve the highest expectations on the hygiene and sanitation.
- Ensure proper orderliness, cleanliness and sanitation of all work and kitchen.
- Physically fit
- Oral and written fluency in English
- Knowledge of other languages and basic understanding of local language preferred
- People & customer oriented
- Motivator & self starter; displays initiative & creativity
- Team builder
- Willing to work long hours with a positive attitude and high energy level
- Committed, flexible & ability to adapt to different working locations
- Apprenticeship or College level
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the culinary field with at least 1 year experience in a similar capacity in an International Class Hotel