Hotels & Resorts
Job Role :
Assistant Chief Engineer
Validate Through :
01 Jan 2022
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 0 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Fairmont Kea Lani - Maui
Assistant Director of Engineering
At Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui, we push ourselves every day to always be better and leave the world a better place. As Assistant Director of Engineering, you will empower the team to achieve exceptional standards while developing preventative maintenance and resource management programs that ensure a safe and welcoming hotel for all colleagues, guests and visitors.
What is in it for you:
- Generous Health Care Package
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Effectively train, evaluate and promote the growth and development of internal talent. Establish quantative standards of performance and utilize your leadership skills to maximize department's capabilities.
- Ensure all physical operations of the Hotel, including refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning, plumbing, water treatment and electrical systems are maintained in a neat, clean and safe fashion
- Plan, implement and monitor the hotel's Preventative Maintenance programs to maintain guest rooms, mechanical equipment, outlets and public areas in appropriate condition
- Coordinate renovations and maintenance related capital projects within the framework, budgets and time limits established.
- Your experience and skills include:
- High School diploma or equivalent or vocational training
- Degree/diploma/certificate in Engineering or trade certification in Building Management is an asset
- General knowledge of HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, commercial laundry equipment and commercial kitchen equipment
- Four (4) years experience as an Engineering Manager or Assistant Building Manager of a multi-faceted building complex
- Previous experience as a Chief Engineer or Assistant Director of Engineering Preferred
- Ability to read, understand and interpret engineering and building blueprints
- Knowledgeable in all regulations such as building codes and fire and health department requirements
- Certified Pool Operator Certification preferred
- Building Operator Certification preferred
- Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented and organized in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Proven ability to build and maintain good relationships with all stakeholders
- Communicate thoughts, actions and opportunities clearly with strong networking skills
- Ability to lead by example, believe in a strong team culture and set the scene for high performance
Your team and working environment:
- Must be able to lift up to 50-lbs on an occasional basis
- Constant walking & standing
- Frequent kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
It is the policy of AccorHotels to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other eligible veterans.