Hotels & Resorts
St Andrews/United Kingdom
Job Role :
Assistant Chief Engineer
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Assistant Engineering Manager
Fairmont St Andrews - Scotland
Assistant Engineering Manager
You perform highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain the property's facilities and equipment to ensure a safe and functional environment for the guests.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Discounted Food & Beverage, Golf and Spa on property
- Pension Plan
Your experience and skills include:
- Inspect and perform preventative maintenance on property's facilities and equipment
- Direct supervision and scheduling of the work force.
- Inventories and procurement of parts and supplies.
- Perform the role of Resort H&S Officer -- co-ordinating, implementing and responsible for all duties that are required by H&S legislation.
- Neatness and cleanliness of the engineering workshop and all areas under the direct control of the department.
- Proper orientation, training and development of department associates.
- Utilise the tools of quality in department planning and problem-solving efforts, as appropriate.
- Conduct daily team briefings.
- Maintaining rooms maintenance strategy.
- Maintaining tracking data, check sheet and logs.
- Planning and scheduling preventive maintenance.
- Planning and scheduling corrective maintenance.
- To observe and analyse energy and utilities usage in the hotel and on the grounds.
- To be available for any emergencies.
- To be aware of all existing Job Safety Analysis and work towards an accident-free safe working environment with a view to conservation.
- To read, log, track and interpret readings from meters, gauges and other measuring units as well as maintaining relevant logs for each.
- Adhere to H&S Guidelines to ensure personal safety.
- Annually perform inspections of necessary machinery.
- Assure proper testing and maintenance of emergency generators, test battery pack, emergency lighting, exit signage, elevator operation under emergency
- Maintain highest standards for the maintenance and safe operation of issued tools and equipment.
- Submit to Director of Facilities monthly stock sheets.
- Other duties as assigned
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- Relevant building maintenance experience is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Your team and working environment:
- Managing and leading a team of maintenance engineers
- Working 5 days out of 7
- Occasional weekend or evening work may be required
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS