Hotels & Resorts
Finance and Accounts
Job Role :
Assistant Financial Controller
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Assistant Financial Controller
With over 400 hotels in Australia and New Zealand, and over 5,000 globally, Accor offers limitless opportunities to grow your career within a supportive network of like-minded professionals.
Become a Heartist and work in an environment where we encourage you to work your way, unleash your potential and creativity and have a lot of fun!
As Accor's flagship hotel in ACT, Novotel Canberra is located right in the heart of Canberra, with 286 guest rooms, 7 meeting rooms and a newly refurbished restaurant and bar. Currently, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Assistant Financial Controller to join our great team in Canberra!
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Competitive remuneration
- Autonomous role with full support from the General Manager and Director of Finance
- Fantastic professional development opportunities
- Great benefits - free laundry & up to 30% staff discounted hotel rates for all Accor hotels across Australia and New Zealand.
Reporting directly to the Hotel General Manager and Director of Finance (AXA Hub), this hands-on role will be responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the Finance Department, and involve directly overseeing functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll operations and the hotel Month End process.
Your experience and skills include:
- Assist the Director of Finance with Compilation of the annual budgets and monthly forecasting, ensuring that all Department Managers have complete and equal input.
- Assist the Director of Finance with preparation of all financial information sent to the General Manager, Accor and Owners in regards to accuracy and detail.
- Develop and monitor all financial systems for the Hotel with a view to improve and streamline procedures.
- Ensure that policies and procedures set by Accor are implemented and internal controls are operating effectively.
- Be an active member of the Hotel's Department Head team, participating in regular leadership meetings and working with them to develop effective measures to enhance their department's profitability.
Your team and working environment:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Finance or Accounting
- 2-3 years demonstrated experience in a similar role for a company of similar scale and complexity
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to high standards
- Adaptable and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- A desire to learn and progress your career in Finance .
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- You will be working with a supportive and friendly team.
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.