Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Job Role :
Food & Beverage Director
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Assistant Food & Beverage Director
Assistant Director of Food & Beverage
Fairmont El San Juan Hotel Assistant Director of Food & Beverage directly all administrative and operational duties of the food and beverage operation. This role will ensure the highest quality of standards are achieved, working closely with the Executive Chef on menu delivery, and Director of F&B to ensure restaurant, bar and event operations are served at the highest level. Actively works on the floo r working in the venues to drive guest service and product excellence. Monitors all venue P&L's and ensue compliance with budgeted profit goals are achieved.
Are you a passionate foodie who is not afraid of thinking outside the box? Then, we have the job for you! As a Food & Beverage Director, you will strategically lead the team to take guest satisfaction to the next level.
What is in it for you?
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Manages the administrative and operational excellence of the food and beverage venues according to hotel goals set, and Fairmont F&B brand standards.
- Implements and executes product and service delivery to the highest level according to Forbes five star service standards.
- Works closely with the Catering/ Sales divisions to ensure VIP clients and groups are serviced to the highest level, driving revenue and achieving service excellence. Is a team player and works with Catering/ Sales to plan group events and service requirements.
- Manages cost controls and invoicing to ensure all expenses are paid correctly to vendors, ensuring expenses are booked in the GL accurately to the correct venue, and aligned with budgeted expenses.
- Works closely with the Director of Restaurant and Nightlife Marketing to ensure event activations are communicated to the hotel and division leaders/ staff, and serviced according to Forbes fives star service levels.
- Works closely with the Executive Chef, Director of F&B and Executive Steward to annualize equipment purchases, planning orders strategically and aligned with budgeted/ forecasted expenses.
- Achieves five star Forbes level service compliance in all restaurant and bar venues.
- Forecasts revenues in each venue monthly, achieves budgeted labor costs, and ensures profitability goals budgeted are achieved.
- Works on the floor to covers shifts, manage operations, and work with the teams to drive service excellence in all areas of the restaurant operations, when necessary. Is actively visible in the venues to ensure the venues are meeting service and product standards.
- Interview, hire, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline employees and managers in the hotel's restaurants and bars to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met; long-range strategic planning for outlet operation.
- Leader in luxury service results, achieve passing score LQA service standard testing, and Ecosure health sanitation testing results. Maintain Forbes four star rating score in venue service examination results annually.
- Control labor and expenses through effective forecasting, scheduling, budgeting, purchasing, and inventory controls; while focusing on creative revenue generation solutions to achieve budgeted profit.
- Actively works on the floor, covering operational shifts as needed. This is a floor operations position focused role, not office focused position.
- To be regularly visible in the operation, on the floor, recognize and maintain relationships with regular guests as well as cultivate relationships with new patrons and venue staff.
- The ability to work closely with the Director of Food & Beverage, Executive Chef and Chef de Cuisines to design effective menus and wine list while ensuring excellent product quality at a fair price. Ensuring all products are costed and within budget; achieving profit.
- Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments. Ensure food & beverage operational teams are experts in knowing what's happening on property including rooms division and support departments.
- Comply with Fairmont Work Rules and Standards of Conduct, and be a expert in CBA food & beverage rules.
- Ability to work in a high pace work environment consisting of resort and casino operations; overseeing multiple venues including: Beach service, Pool service, Restaurants service, In-Room Dining, and Bar product and service delivery.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors, achieving high employee satisfaction result scores.
- Regularly research all industry competitive concepts; days and night activations to maintain financial and concept advantage on island over the competitive set hotels and restaurants. Actively managing annual city events calendar and venue promotional calendars to ensure hotel food & beverage division positioning is activating in advance the property venues.
- Work closely with Daylife and Nightlife operations to ensure steps of service are provided with all venue operations. Provide feedback on the quality of entertainment and music provided in the venues to ensure full guest satisfaction and budget/ forecast compliance with expenses. Review reservations and VIPs and ensure proper attention and services are provided.
- Ensure marketing communication, planning, and organization is handled in advance, and flyer/ creative materials are being marketed in all digital and social channels. Ensure the digital sites that help market the venues are updated, regularly auditing these sites to ensure accuracy of all data.
- Ensures all digital media sites for restaurant operations are accurately recording hours of operation, menus, website links. Maintains a high service score with high levels of positive reviews, and addresses negative reviews directly with guests.
- Maintains strong rapport with Hotel VIP clients, and maintains Opentable profiles to ensure service is personalized on each guest visit to the property.
- Works with Room Division to ensure VIP/ ALL Accor and room arrivals are setup with amenities requested thru reservations. Amenities are to be of the highest level of quality and according to the F&B Division Amenity lookbook. Amenities are to also be accurately billed on a daily basis to the correct division.
EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Four-year degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management or equivalent combination of education and professional experience is preferred but not required.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- Three to five years' nightlife experience selling venues is required.
- Hospitality experience required.
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are 280,000 women and men placing people at the heart of what we do, and nurturing real passion for service and achievement Joining Accor means embarking on a unique life journey to imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
To join our Group, please visit https://careers.accor.com/