Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Ras alKhaimah/United Arab Emirates UAE
Job Role :
Food & Beverage Manager
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
Marjan Island Resort & Spa - Managed by ACCOR
Title: Assistant Food & Beverage Manager/Head of F&B
Department: Food & Beverage
Hierarchy: Reporting to F&B Manager
Direct Subordinates: Banquet Manager, Restaurant Manager, Bar Manager, Restaurant Supervisor, F&B Secretary, F&B Captain, Bartender, Hostess, Waiter, Waitress, Bus Boy
Indirect Subordinates: N/A
Responsibilities and Obligations:
- Under the direction of the Food and Beverage Manager or his/her delegate, and within the limits of established Accor Policies and Procedures, the Assistant Food &Beverage Manager manages and oversees all aspects of the assigned Food and Beverage Operations.
- Reports to the Food & Beverage Manager.
- Provides direction to the Food and Beverage Section Heads.
- Communicates, coordinates and cooperates with other Divisions/Departments/Section Heads.
- Interacts and communicates with individuals inside and outside the Hotel including, but not limited to, clients, suppliers, government officials, competitors and other members of the local community.
- Coordinates, communicates, cooperates and works closely with the outlet Chef.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the assigned Food and Beverage service sections and informs the Food and Beverage of any decision taken which did not require his/her action and any other relevant information.
- Controls and analyzes, on an on-going basis, the level of the following:
Merchandizing & Marketing
Quality level and presentation of Food and Beverage products
Sanitation, Hygiene, Condition and Cleanliness of Facilities
Operation Costs, Payroll and Beverage Cost
- Ensures optimum performance in specific areas assigned in above areas.
- Establishes and maintains effective employee and Inter-Departmental working relationships.
- Conducts such functions as interviewing, employee orientation, performance evaluation, appraisals, coaching, counselling and taking disciplinary actions to ensure the appropriate staff productivity and efficiency.
- Develops training plans in accordance with Accor Guidelines and implements and conducts Training as well as on-the-job Coaching.
- Maintains all up-dated operating manual for the Restaurant.
- Creates and controls an accurate Logbook with guest and staff positive and negative comments.
- Implements the Hotel and Department Regulations, Policies and Procedures including but not limited to:
In House Rules and Regulation
Hygiene and Cleanliness
Health and Safety
- Conducts daily briefings and participates in other meetings as needed to obtain optimal results
- Supervises, coordinates and directs the prompt, efficient and courteous service to ensure that standards are met.
- Leads and participates in service as necessary in accordance with the requirements and practices of the Restaurant
- Handles Administrative work and keeps updated files on the following Restaurant matters:
Security, Safety and Health
- Assists the Food and Beverage Manager or his/her delegate in setting Restaurant goals and developing Strategies, Procedures and Policies.
- Assists the Food and Beverage Manager or his/her delegate in preparing the yearly Food and Beverage division budget.
- Monitors the stocks of all Beverage, Material and Equipment and ensures that service requirements are met.
- Monitors together with the outlet Chef local competitors and compares their operation with his/her Restaurant.
- Participates actively in the Breakage Committee and the Chairmanship of the Stewarding and Hygiene Manager.
- Monitors and controls all operating equipment for the outlet.
- Keeps aware of Trends, Systems, Practices and Equipment in Food and Beverage through Trade Literature, Hotel Shows and Site Visits.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Maintains high confidentiality in regards to guest privacy.
- Reports any suspicious behaviour of guests and staff to the General Manager and Security.
- Notifies housekeeper regarding lost and found objects.
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported appropriately immediately.
- Fully understands the hotel's fire, emergency, and bomb procedures.
- Follows emergency procedures to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees.
- Works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others.
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and notifies the Manager.
- Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct.
- Good command of English and one other language used by majority of staff.
- Five years' experience in 5 Star Hotels.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Micros.
Liaises with all departments to ensure smooth operation and develops effective relationships with guests, business partners.
- Note: Customization may be included for any specific local or legislative requirements, such as work permits
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS