Job Description For Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
Fairmont Royal York
Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
Do you enjoy helping others and building emotional connections to make people feel special and welcomed? If so, then we want YOU to be part of our Fairmont Royal York family.
Every day you will be responsible for engaging with our guests, clients and colleagues. You will create the essential Toronto experience at the hotel that has been a Canadian icon for over 91 years. You will be given the responsibility to ensure that our guests and colleagues feel WELCOMED, CARED FOR and INCREDIBLE. Being part of the Fairmont Royal York family is more than providing warm and consistent service. As an ambassador of Fairmont Royal York, you will take the initiatives necessary to turn moments into memories by taking the time to understand our guests' purposes: why are they staying at Fairmont Royal York, what is their length of stay and what are their preferences and passions? Making our guests feel heard and cared for creates an emotional connection to our brand and builds loyalty.
These emotional connections are not just for guests. As part of the Fairmont Royal York family, you will be tasked with creating impactful relationships with your colleagues.
As a Professional Leader, you will lead yourself through: positive orientation, self-development self-management, problem solving and decision making. You will lead others through: leading and engaging with your team, developing others and communicating effectively. You will lead the business by: being guest-focused, forward-thinking and planning, business awareness and business improvement.
If creating these lasting relationships and experiences excites you, read more about how your role supports our vision of continuing to create the essential Toronto experience!
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
Your experience and skills include:
- Lead, mentor and train the Food & Beverage Operations team
- Supervise the day to day function of all restaurant employees, facilities, sales, and costs
- Ensure proper staffing levels are maintained while balancing quality and sales with daily/seasonal staffing demands
- Support such functions as interviewing, hiring, employee orientation, training, on the job performance, coaching, and counseling
- Develop formal training program per outlet, as well as an annual training calendar, implements on the job training sessions for the restaurant employees, responsible for meeting training goals
- Produces and implements creative promotional programs with their outlet with the goal of boosting sales and visibility and develops annual promotions calendar
- Conducts pre meal briefings and maintains liaison with the Executive Chef
- Conducts cleaning inspections on a regular basis to ensure compliance with health standards and hotel cleanliness standards
- Controls stocks for daily use in restaurants to ensure service requirements are met
- Support guests' reservations and arrange for private parties
- Ensure all health and safety procedures and policies are adhered to by all staff and follow through with any health and safety requests made by staff
- Participate in the preparation of the food and beverage department budget and goals
- Conduct all administrative work required, including but not limited to sch eduling, c leaning and maintenance logbooks, opening/closing duties, cleaning checklists
- Tracks and compiles sales statistics per month
- Adhere to alcohol handling procedures and policies
- Will work weekends, holidays and shift work as scheduled
Physical Aspects of Position include but are not limited to the following:
- Service focused personality is essential and previous Food and Beverage leadership experience required
- Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management an asset
- Strong leadership skills
- Computer skills including; Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Previous working experience in a unionized environment an asset
- Knowledge of LCBO policies and guidelines
- General accounting principles and policies
- Smart Serve Certification
Your team and working environment
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Constant kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
For over 91 years, Fairmont Royal York has stood proudly as a Toronto landmark. When the hotel opened in 1929 it was the tallest building in the British Common Wealth and contained 1,048 rooms, a concert hall, library, extensive bakery, radio station and even a hospital. Today, this essential downtown landmark has completed a multi-million dollar transformation, reimagining its lobby, rooms, dining venues, event spaces, and Fairmont Gold - the property's exclusive hotel within a hotel luxury experience. Another stunning chapter for Fairmont Royal York has begun. To learn more, click her Note:
Must already be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for the position In order to keep our employees and the general public safe from the threat of Covid 19 and the rise of variants in the community, the Hotel has implemented a Covid-19 Vaccination Policy. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS