Hotels & Resorts
Front of House
Job Role :
Assistant Front Office Manager
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Assistant Front Office Manager
Assistant Front Office Manager
Fairmont El San Juan Hotel Assistant Front Office Manager assist the Front Office Manager in the daily supervision of operations both from the administrative and operational perspectives. Managing staff interactions and daily activities while ensuring customer satisfaction. Ensuring profitability and controlling costs while maintaining the high-quality standards of service. In the absence of the Front Office Manager, the Assistant Manager will oversee the operation of the department
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Ability to divide attention among several tasks going on at one time.
- Ability to effectively deal with customer complaints and concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customer, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger.
- Ability to maintain perspective and composure in demanding business situations, such as, an irate guest, rush of business or being short staffed.
- Ability to occasionally lift objects up to 50lbs.
- Ability to stand, move around, walk, sit, and crouch for long periods of time
- Ability to work cooperatively with others to achieve group work goals.
- Analyzes data and makes decisions based on prior experiences and knowledge of circumstances to prepare daily and weekly forecast of expected arrivals and departures in accordance with department budgets, including approval of payroll.
- Attend financial and group meetings
- Provide accurate directions to the hotel and be familiar with the surroundings areas.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Comply with standards and regulations to encourage a safe and efficient operation.
- Computes daily payroll, schedules, and other reports.
- Conducts shift meetings with staff, pertaining to daily events and manages logbooks/recaps.
- Encourages a team spirit amongst staff members with leadership guidance while developing employee morale and ensure training of all personnel
- Ensure daily/nightly/weekly and opening/running/closing duties are completed.
- Ensure implementation of Fairmont El San Juan Hotel policies and house rules.
- Ensure that staff is attentive, friendly and courteous to all guests, managers and other staff members.
- Ensures compliance with Hotel standards to ensure consistent high quality guests relations.
- Focus staff in their role contributing to SALT scores, Trip Advisor reviews and any other social media review sites
Education and Experience
- Strong knowledge of computer systems including Excel and PMS systems
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management is an asset
- Knowledge of safety procedures and First Aid certification an asset
- Fluent in a Spanish /English language an asset
- Excellent interpersonal communication and guest service skills
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining professionalism
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS