Hotels & Resorts
Miami, United States
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Assistant General Manager
Novotel Miami Brickell
Assistant General Manager - Hotel Manager
Department: Administration & General
Purpose: Manages and directs hotel operations and activities to ensure effective and profitable operation and growth. Responsible for leading Operational departments.
Reports to: General Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the operations and profitability of the hotel.
- Establishes and monitors standards for hotel including but not limited to personnel administration and performance and service to guests.
- Ensures that all guest service programs are in place and being implemented throughout the property.
- Establishes and maintains effective revenue management techniques to maximize hotel revenues; reviews and analyzes financial statements.
- Develops, implements, and monitors hotel budget; assists with planning budgets for all departments; oversees all accounting functions.
- Monitors overall condition of all guest rooms, public areas, and outside grounds; ensures that deficiencies are rectified.
- Maintains visibility and accessibility to guests, staff, and vendors; maintains effective communication with all department managers to ensure all areas of hotel are performing at established standards.
- Ensures that guests' needs are fulfilled and their stay is as pleasurable as possible; responds to guest feedback, including complaints/problems.
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of hotel services, facilities, and policies and area's attractions.
- Possesses and maintains through understanding of industry and stays abreast of industry trends; communicates/incorporates information to assure all departments remain current.
- Assists in any department of hotel as needed.
- Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops hotel managers and staff; manages schedules and workflow.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
What is in it for you:
- Directly supervises employees within department(s).
- Indirectly supervises employees within department(s).
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Your team and working environment:
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- A passionate and inspired team that creates unique experiences for all they meet.
- We recognize and celebrate our team and individual success
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS #LI-WL1